MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By aortan Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:37 pm
So let's say I want to copy/paste some notes across a sequence.
Is there a work around for this? If not, it'll be quite hard to work with notes :/
By aortan Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes you can do it in MAIN, just click the 'pencil' icon and select 'copy events'

Aaaah, I was looking for it, but didn't get it until now... Thanks a lot for the tip!!!
By wavejockey Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 pm
Mukiw wrote:Yea this is the best workaround there is for now. I'm really surprised that holding shift whilst you drag selected notes with your finger isn't set to copy/paste as it feels like the natural way to implement it and wouldn't take much effort.

+1000

why not in sequence? (or list edit, which is not there yet)
xcuse me while i don't posses a live ; main doesn't visualize your notes?
this has been an similar issue in 4000 too : select (your notes), copy and then you loose the notes you selected - as a sidenote ;)
By 40Beatz Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 am
Problem Solved (I think)

In Grid Edit mode... highlight the notes u wanna copy with the square 'select' tool. Then Hold Shift & Copy. Make sure u set the bar where u want copied to. Then while holding what pad u want it pasted, simultaneously hold the Pad, Shift & Paste!
Abracadabra!
Oh I'm on Live 2.2 btw