MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By VLoss Wed May 31, 2017 5:07 pm
Right, call me stupid, but...

Making a beat in grid mode over 2 bars and I want to copy some of the notes from bar 1 to bar 2 or wherever, maybe duplicating them to make chords.
I can highlight them with the lassoo, but how the hell do I copy the notes?
Standalone mode...
By FoxV Wed May 31, 2017 6:04 pm
I don't think you can (at least not in stand alone mode). :WTF:

Somebody prove me wrong, please!
By VLoss Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm
Yeah obviously they are still adding features etc.
I hope they sort it.
I mean it seems so obvious the feature would be there.
Who designed the the whole grid section and didn't think of adding a copy_paste function? Were they half asleep or something?
Not the end of the world but.......
By J.O.BEATS Wed May 31, 2017 11:23 pm
VLoss wrote:That's not copying in grid mode is it?
That's a half assed workaround.

Just making sure people knew how to. I agree though it would be nice to copy/paste in grid mode
By Mukiw Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:24 am
Yea this is the best workaround there is for now. I'm really surprised that holding shift whilst you drag selected notes with your finger isn't set to copy/paste as it feels like the natural way to implement it and wouldn't take much effort.
By BostonGreen Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:58 am
tsutek wrote:What is the COPY button for then? Why on earth they put a dedicated button for it?

Only thing I can get it to do is copy pads
By cmackg Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm
Agreed -- the screen interractions need some help -- I fiddle with the iMPC on iPad, and the way that does select is so much better. Why do I need to move from lasso mode to copy mode to erase mode at the top of the screen? Should all be part of a multi-press on the touch screen.....
By cmackg Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 pm
Automageddon wrote:Use the feature suggest from the MPC software to make this suggestion

I want a feature suggest from the Live.