MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 am
If Akai told you to ask retailers that was dumb! Don't they know the retailer has to get word from them on when the MPCs are to be released. Smh Akai is buggin

Ill-Green wrote:We've asked Akai many times, "when is the official release date?" Their reply (no joke!) was "ask your retailer, they should have accurate dates."

Most PROFESSIONAL companies I know usually would answer "We ship out to retailers next month on the 9th, so be on the look out around then" and thats it, we happy but it seems InMusic is interested in frustrating customers, like its a joke.
By huglife187 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 am
Ill-Green wrote:Most PROFESSIONAL companies I know usually would answer "We ship out to retailers next month on the 9th, so be on the look out around then" and thats it, we happy but it seems InMusic is interested in frustrating customers, like its a joke.

i wrote them some years ago that they really should erase the "professional" out of their name, because they don't earn it. i think they bought akai but they indeed not deserve to use the name akai or mpc on there products.
By pulsefrequenz Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 am
Really? During the fair trades in all videos AKAI officials said the X will be released like "maybe end of august or end of the year"... and now people get crazy, because its not ready in the mid of the year? honestly: Akai is not known for having good support... but i think this topic here is just frustation on ordering something without informing yourself and than complaining... sorry, but just because you see pictures online, doesnt mean the device is ready.... and in your own interests: let them do their job, instead of forcing them to release earlier... if they hurry because of "i want it now, now, now"-babies", you all might get a unfinshed products with failures :-))))
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 am
pulsefrequenz wrote:Really? During the fair trades in all videos AKAI officials said the X will be released like "maybe end of august or end of the year"... and now people get crazy, because its not ready in the mid of the year? honestly: Akai is not known for having good support... but i think this topic here is just frustation on ordering something without informing yourself and than complaining...

The problem is that retailers have been claiming all sorts of 'expected shipping' dates. The question is, how much of this is purely down to the retailers lying to secure preorders, how much of this is due to individual Akai reps whispering lies to the retailers, and how much of this is official Akai policy.

Either way, it's been poorly handled so I understand some of the frustration... to a point. Ultimately we are talking about Akai here, so I have little sympathy for people who went ahead and preordered an unseen product with no fixed release date from a company with a very checkered history like Akai. This is a product that has already seen a 20% price hike before it's even available.

Regardless , if released today, it would be openly running a 'beta' OS with lots of missing/incomplete features. Personally I'd rather wait until they actually finish it, I have plenty of other non-beta gear to be playing with and am in no mood to pay top $ to be an unpaid beta tester while they take their time finishing up the OS properly. Ridiculous.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 pm
pulsefrequenz wrote:Really? During the fair trades in all videos AKAI officials said the X will be released like "maybe end of august or end of the year"... and now people get crazy, because its not ready in the mid of the year? honestly: Akai is not known for having good support... but i think this topic here is just frustation on ordering something without informing yourself and than complaining... sorry, but just because you see pictures online, doesnt mean the device is ready.... and in your own interests: let them do their job, instead of forcing them to release earlier... if they hurry because of "i want it now, now, now"-babies", you all might get a unfinshed products with failures :-))))

No offence but what you're saying is not true.. Have you been living on another planet during NAMM..?? I can drop at least 3 videos where Andrew Mac said March/April and April/May..

Where did you hear August..?? I heard Josh saying Fall. Most of us have been following the progress/news like a hawk. I think that OP has a right to complain. But suing Akai goes a bit too far.

We are going to get an unfinished product anyway. As long as it can do what the MPC Touch does, but with the extra control I'll be fine for a while. It will allow me to get work done.

The rest can be added trough software updates..
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
pulsefrequenz wrote:Really? During the fair trades in all videos AKAI officials said the X will be released like "maybe end of august or end of the year"... and now people get crazy, because its not ready in the mid of the year? honestly: Akai is not known for having good support... but i think this topic here is just frustation on ordering something without informing yourself and than complaining... sorry, but just because you see pictures online, doesnt mean the device is ready.... and in your own interests: let them do their job, instead of forcing them to release earlier... if they hurry because of "i want it now, now, now"-babies", you all might get a unfinshed products with failures :-))))

No offence but what you're saying is not true.. Have you been living on another planet during NAMM..?? I can drop at least 3 videos where Andrew Mac said March/April and April/May..

Where did you hear August..?? I heard Josh saying Fall. Most of us have been following the progress/news like a hawk. I think that OP has a right to complain. But suing Akai goes a bit too far.

We are going to get an unfinished product anyway. As long as it can do what the MPC Touch does, but with the extra control I'll be fine for a while. It will allow me to get work done.

The rest can be added trough software updates..

I remember when they said Feb./Mar. too. I also remember Andy saying X was gonna drop in a few weeks back in April.
By chino Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Regardless , if released today, it would be openly running a 'beta' OS with lots of missing/incomplete features. Personally I'd rather wait until they actually finish it, I have plenty of other non-beta gear to be playing with and am in no mood to pay top $ to be an unpaid beta tester while they take their time finishing up the OS properly. Ridiculous.

These statements make me really appreciate this forum! Real talk by an individual who actually uses MPC products!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
By marctronixx Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 pm
I recall even one of the Akai reps at one of the European trade shows say fall. It was German or something. This site (mpc forums) went bananas... we all thought that cat was smoking some bad grass, but seems he may have had the intel all along...
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:56 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Was the live even released officially?
For all we know the live will be official at NAMM an the x available a month after that...
Think 2.0 will really drop by then?
Id be pissed if I had a Ren

I think 2.02 is compatible with the Ren now.

Ha! Yeah, now its time for Summer NAMM, lets see what they say this time.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 pm
Q1 2018 would be my guess.
Doing all the midi stuff the last few days, I see the value in the x but at twice the cost I donno about all that...

I imagine they see the reaction and are working on a "big" upgrade/ surprise. They almost have to at this point, how hard is it really to add some extra outs, knobs and buttons to the live?
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 pm
When I canceled my preorder on the x they said they would be getting them June 12th, they even had a tracking number....

There's no reason to lie to people period, I think we would all be singing a differnt tune if they were just upfront and honest.

All say it's not all on Akai, but the retailer are in on it as well. Playing on people like that ain't cool at all. You think if they knew they wouldn't be ready unti the fall bc they had to shortage of parts or whatever they would lose customers like they are doing now?