MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Joey V Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:06 pm
In The meantime Lets Sum up a list of dreams for The X soon to be expected Q7 late fall.

Full use of VST while hooked on.
Full use of MIDI both ways
No latency
No bugs
By Danoc Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 pm
Don't we have full use of VSTs while connected to a computer? Correct me if I am wrong. That's what you mean right?

Joey V wrote:

By Joey V Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:04 pm
Danoc wrote:Don't we have full use of VSTs while connected to a computer? Correct me if I am wrong. That's what you mean right?

Joey V wrote:

Dont think so. If you use the x as a plugin, you can use vsts but you need to bounce as soon as you want to take it a long. And if im not mistaken you cant use the x/y fx with your vst fx etc ...
By funkycoldmedina Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 am
Honestly it looks like Intua's Beatmaker 3 could be destroying the Live and the X. And I love actual knobs and pads, but after years of dealing with bugginess on the Ren and now seeing reports of Live bugs, I'm not super stoked on getting more Akai B.S.
By zangetsu01 Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 am
funkycoldmedina wrote:Honestly it looks like Intua's Beatmaker 3 could be destroying the Live and the X. And I love actual knobs and pads, but after years of dealing with bugginess on the Ren and now seeing reports of Live bugs, I'm not super stoked on getting more Akai B.S.

It looks verry decent but it will never destroy the MPC line. The reason why? People simply love hardware controlers. It inspires them to do great things. While the software might look slick, everything is flat.
By Joey V Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:12 am
Got that right!
Hope The X has all features we think iT have and more or less bugfree.
Workflow that Gets your creativity down fast
By zangetsu01 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:45 am
Joey V wrote:Got that right!
Hope The X has all features we think iT have and more or less bugfree.
Workflow that Gets your creativity down fast

Yesterday I went to Baxshop to buy a new set of Adam A7x monitors and after that I had the chance to play around on the MPC Live.

I loaded up one of the trap kits and had a 4 bar loop/beat going within minutes. Once you get to know the workflow you are going to enjoy these new MPC's.

I just wan't to try it out on my MPC X.