MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gunner7 Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 am
I created my first samples in Live and am learning how to edit them. I assign samples to pads and select loop forward, forward reverse, etc. but it only plays as a one shot no matter the setting.

I see when you select "Trim" the A pads light up allowing different ways to play the sample, one of which is continuous which I am guessing is what I want.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
By Ill-Green Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:52 am
Go into program edit and turn Loop on. Did you turn Loop on?

Also its not a trigger loop, you would have to hold the pad down for successful looping.
By TTRAKS Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 pm
Ok, that's fine. But how can i get a sample to loop without holding the pad all the time? What I am looking for is a toggle mode!
By pablow6554 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:52 pm
How do i exactly turn loop mode on it is like this ?PROGRAM EDIT > LFO MODULATION set sample play to NOTE ON because i dont see this Go into program edit and turn Loop on when i go into program edit?Thanks
By DonnyDank Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am
The 16th pad is the 'loop' pad, just hit it once (in sample edit mode).
Is this what you meant?
By Chrystal Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:15 am
DonnyDank wrote:The 16th pad is the 'loop' pad, just hit it once (in sample edit mode).
Is this what you meant?

Yes. Thanks.