MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Living Bate Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:34 pm
Ill-Green wrote:@Living Bate, I always wake up to your posts like wtf, but after a few earl greys and a walk to the park, I get them. :D

The train even advert wifi on-board but...

I normally find the best way to express my feelings on music equipment is through transport options to Paris

I'm 36.....i've made many bus journeys to Paris without internet access.....but if I forked out for the train I would be a bit mugged off by the lack of it....

no beer and no wifi?

By chino Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm
Living Bate wrote:I guess what you are saying is that you jumped on the train but there was no beers on board, and only a few dry sandwiches

and even though you aren't that hungry, you really fancied the beer..

you've got a cold lemonade and you are enjoying it because its really refreshing.....its even got ice and slice in it.....but its the beer you were looking forward to....

so you are glad you got the train and not gone on horse back...as you will still make it to Paris in good time....but hey....its a bit of a shame about the beer......there is even a beer advert on the side of the train....
no?

:worthy: :nod: :lol:
By Tripn3o3 Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 am
Just started to notice that some UK online stores are removing the advertised 2GB Ram line in features/spec for the MPC X not sure if they have done the same with the Live.

Seems strange... :hmmm:
By PaddyWhack Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:20 am
Tripn3o3 wrote:Just started to notice that some UK online stores are removing the advertised 2GB Ram line in features/spec for the MPC X not sure if they have done the same with the Live.

Seems strange... :hmmm:

Ha! - :-) ... not that strange; every eBay seller knows to avoid making wrongful descriptions:

Consumer Rights Act 2015 UK: Accepting returns and giving refunds:

"...You must offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described or doesn’t do what it’s supposed
to..."

Dear Mr Live Deelah,

My beautiful AKAI MPC LIVE that I bought from you 6 weeks ago has developed faults:
(a) it stops short of loading files into its "2GB RAM for SAMPLING," (see the photo of the box)
(b) and am experiencing trouble connecting via bluetooth (see box likewise).

Please arrange to collect my Live for you to repair or replace at your convenience, thanks. :shock: :lol:
By B-Wise Sun May 14, 2023 4:11 pm
Davinci black wrote:I used 3 instruments from fabricXL AND I was already getting a low memory warning, now I see why they came out with the se

That's also why they came out with the non-XL Fabric :wink: & don't forget you can auto-sample to reduce the CPU load.
By kja Sun May 14, 2023 11:19 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Some can work with 64MB and others need 16GB of sample time but that's not the point.

What matters is that Akai, once again, lied to us. They advertise 2GB of sample time (it even says so on the box itself) and we get 1/4th of that.

Well it is technically filled with samples.. just not the samples you want. Lol
By B-Wise Sun May 14, 2023 11:46 pm
kja wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:Some can work with 64MB and others need 16GB of sample time but that's not the point.

What matters is that Akai, once again, lied to us. They advertise 2GB of sample time (it even says so on the box itself) and we get 1/4th of that.

Well it is technically filled with samples.. just not the samples you want. Lol

Where did Akai ever advertise 2GB of sample time?
By jpeg Mon May 15, 2023 11:15 am
MPC live is a classic; there it is I said it despite all the complaints the first battery powered MPC, had this since 2017 and had virtually no issues or crahsed or any werid shit that people complain about.

the feature set is off the scale, prior the live I had the studio black and before that had the mpc1k, and this current MPC is the best MPC I have used, JJOS was good but this is better.
By Lampdog Mon May 15, 2023 12:57 pm
Back when there was an off topic, this could have been a “there, I said it” thread. :lol: :lol:
By EnochLight Mon May 15, 2023 3:15 pm
B-Wise wrote:Where did Akai ever advertise 2GB of sample time?

Lol... starmanwarz said that like 5 years ago, and his account is banned. :lol:

By B-Wise Mon May 15, 2023 6:16 pm
EnochLight wrote:
B-Wise wrote:Where did Akai ever advertise 2GB of sample time?

Lol... starmanwarz said that like 5 years ago, and his account is banned. :lol:

Ok but I'm not the one who revived this thread.
By EnochLight Mon May 15, 2023 7:04 pm
B-Wise wrote:Ok but I'm not the one who revived this thread.

True, sorry - looks like Davinci black (new forum member) did. :WTF: Oops