MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm
Dam can't even argue with you about what you said!

Icepulse wrote:I'd like to see one person with an actual project running that maxes out the MPC Live's memory. I see a hundred complainers, but all from people who either A) didn't have the device, or B) intentionally loaded up the RAM with as many programs / samples as they could, to stress-test the thing.

Just MAKE MUSIC, ferchrissake. Show me a project where you have 60 tracks running, and the device is starting to show performance issues. Naw. People are too busy crying online like b****s to make some hot music. Pretenders.
By Danoc Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:27 pm
are you doing this in stand alone or with the Live connected to the computer? I would suggest using the computer. But I remember using the MPC2000xl 32mb and I got the job done when I use to sample. 2Gig should be more than enough and if the OS is taking up some it can't be that much. What the heck are you doing to take up that much?

wende wrote:please people tell me that i do something wrong with my testing .
on every product information akai telling the people that in the mpc live is 2 gb ram available .....this is not true ....i dont know exactly how much (iam to pissed about this lie ,to test it properly) but around 500mb the mpc tells me memory full .why oh why is this company in this bad mood ?
w.
By Lampdog Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Icepulse wrote:I'd like to see one person with an actual project running that maxes out the MPC Live's memory. I see a hundred complainers, but all from people who either A) didn't have the device, or B) intentionally loaded up the RAM with as many programs / samples as they could, to stress-test the thing.

Just MAKE MUSIC, ferchrissake. Show me a project where you have 60 tracks running, and the device is starting to show performance issues. Naw. People are too busy crying online like b****s to make some hot music. Pretenders.
By wende Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm
@ danoc
standalone
back in the days starting with the 2000 means... i know about limitation .
its about a liveset maybe two hours .a lot of keygroup programs- clips-longer samples etc.
and like jackmate say akai is talking in interviews like you got 2 gb space for your samples .this is irritating for some people ....sorry for me it was
in the end it is around 500-600 mb sample space left
peace
w.
By zangetsu01 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 pm
I always wondered the same. If it's just like a pc you can just take it out of it's socked and replace it with one that has better spec's. I believe that the OS is written to the internal drive and gets loaded into ram while booting. If so than I don't see the limitations. But it's just speculation on my part..

It all starts with that Joe that is brave enough to open up his unit..
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 pm
Yeah l agree Andy said it had 2gig ram sampling. Misleading as a mofo.

wende wrote:@ danoc
and like jackmate say akai is talking in interviews like you got 2 gb space for your samples .this is irritating for some people ....sorry for me it was
in the end it is around 500-600 mb sample space left
peace
w.
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 pm
BigDaddyDavee wrote:I take it that you cannot just open to unit and replace the memory chips? Is the memory part of a SoC or soldered onto the motherboard?

It shouldn't be soldered to the mother board. But... Did Akai ever say once users could upgrade from 2gig ram to say, 8 gig ram ?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:39 pm
The RAM is part of the board, there's no upgrading, it's all soldered in. The RADXA boards used in the Live/X originally came in 1GB, 2GB and 4GB RAM versions, with an option for them to be manufactured to a custom spec. The way Akai can improve things in terms of memory is to stream audio direct from the hard drive, and perhaps use some kind of compression, either as part of the OS (might already) or as part of the MPC Software spec (i.e. like Kontakt uses lossless compression by converting WAV to NCW files)
By Danoc Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 am
Well why didn't Akai just give us thee4gig ram then. :WTF: if its soldered then...

MPC-Tutor wrote:The RAM is part of the board, there's no upgrading, it's all soldered in. The RADXA boards used in the Live/X originally came in 1GB, 2GB and 4GB RAM versions, with an option for them to be manufactured to a custom spec.