MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By VUPIX Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 pm
Hello, very new to MPC LIVE - I did the update and on my hardware, it says 2.0.3 and then INVALID SERIAL NUMBER.
I registered and did iLock activation properly. The hardware controls the software on the Mac Sierra 10.12.6 -- but the hardware won't show up on my Mac as a drive.
Has any one had this issue and found a solution? Would be grateful...
By VUPIX Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 pm
The Blue cable wouldn't show the Serial Number on the hardware.
I used an old USB 2 cable and now it shows my Serial Number on the hardware and still connects as a controller in the Mac Live.
I'm now trying to get the LIVE's drive to show up on my Mac (os Sierra). Help is welcomed..
By Moho Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, 19 days later, how is 2.0.3 is holding up, do you notice any difference?

I'm getting more can't initialise wifi and ssd errors on start up than before, I thought the update would at least tell the live to not even bother looking for wifi :Sigh:
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm
The blue cable is known to cause problems, maybe Danoc can chime in since he managed to get the blue cable to work. Guarantee its an overlooked step. Akai not too bright with proper manuals and such.
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:43 am
My blue cable worked no problem. I had the same invalid serial number message too when I first tried to update but it was because the drivers hadn't fully installed.

I'm on win7 64bit
By marctronixx Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:47 am
i had no issues using the cable with the X or live on first run.

as mentioned, drivers and such needs to be installed on the machine proper before registration can work. again no issues with the cables that shipped with both units.
By Danoc Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:51 am
Bammmm! And That's what is going on. People are installing the wrong software for the Live. If you install just the 2.0 (the first box on the installment) your blue cable will not communicate with your PC and 2.0 software correctly. You will be able to do what you do but without the proper installment the blue cable will seem a dud.

When installing for the Live you must click on the second box that says "MPC Live" so you can retrieve the 2.0 software and drivers. This will fix the blue cord problem.

JeriKo Jackson wrote:My blue cable worked no problem. I had the same invalid serial number message too when I first tried to update but it was because the drivers hadn't fully installed.

Win 10 64 bit.

I'm on win7 64bit
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, 19 days later, how is 2.0.3 is holding up, do you notice any difference?

So nobody downloaded the update, interesting, because I didn't either. I haven't heard any news about what it does or what it fixed, seems it does nothing. Confirmed.
By marctronixx Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm
I think when you download the file , there is s readme that states what is addressed? I remember seeing this somewhere.

Anyway, i think its bug fixes and such.. mainly under the hood stuff. It also addresses the issues some have had with SSDs not showing up/freezing and updates to get the OS ready to implement the wireless functions (BT and WIFI).

Just install it, good grief. :Sigh: Ive it on both machines and no issues. :smoker: :fku:
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm
marctronixx wrote:I think when you download the file , there is s readme that states what is addressed? I remember seeing this somewhere.

Anyway, i think its bug fixes and such.. mainly under the hood stuff. It also addresses the issues some have had with SSDs not showing up/freezing and updates to get the OS ready to implement the wireless functions (BT and WIFI).

Just install it, good grief. :Sigh: Ive it on both machines and no issues. :smoker: :fku:

No issues here either. And the issues mentioned are not my issues. I make beats on mine, not for storing samples on a SSD. Have you ever owned a Ren during 1.0? It was tragic, features it had, disappeared and reappeared at later updates.
By Danoc Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm
So whats the direct instructions to installing the new firmware?

Ill-Green wrote:
marctronixx wrote:I think when you download the file , there is s readme that states what is addressed? I remember seeing this somewhere.

No issues here either. And the issues mentioned are not my issues. I make beats on mine, not for storing samples on a SSD. Have you ever owned a Ren during 1.0? It was tragic, features it had, disappeared and reappeared at later updates.