MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CFM01 Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm
I've had no problems with the enclosed blue USB cable!
I updated with a USB drive still stuck in the back of the unit.
I did get an update error message! Said "please plug in the power" but the MPC was on!
:idea:
Forgot it was only on via the internal battery!
Mains power - updated in about a minute no problems! In-fact, one of the easiest firmware updates I'm had to do.

Sync display BPM problem not fixed :evil:
Akai have know about this one for a while!
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm
CFM01 wrote:I
Mains power - updated in about a minute no problems! In-fact, one of the easiest firmware updates I'm had to do.

Good idea.
By Blue Monster 65 Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 pm
Danoc wrote:So you must have to cut it back on to reconnect?

When mine restarted after the update, all was well and good - the drive was back on.

And yes, it did tell me to plug in - wouldn't do it on battery power.

Good to know, though, that you can update without ejecting that drive!

No worries or blah blah blah on my end, Danoc. You've been helpful and friendly - I was trying to be, too. Just on the road today and running like crazy. Home now and glad to be. Time to turn on and play!
By Unreallystic Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:26 pm
I was so excited for this, and am still excited about this. I had a thread a couple weeks ago on this very thing, I was missing options most folks had like the simple ability to save my damn prrograms. Update...viola! I can save programs now. Looking at the numbers though, it changed my firmware from 1.8.Whatever to 2.0.3, AND it updated my Control surface v from 1.05 to 1.08. I'm super stoked about this, I had gotten really down in the dumps with my purchase as not being able to save Programs was a big deal as I try to build my libraries. I was even thinking of selling my unit and moving to the OP-1.

so happy about this...
-Unreall
By Icepulse Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 pm
Unreallystic wrote:I was so excited for this, and am still excited about this. I had a thread a couple weeks ago on this very thing, I was missing options most folks had like the simple ability to save my damn prrograms. Update...viola! I can save programs now. Looking at the numbers though, it changed my firmware from 1.8.Whatever to 2.0.3, AND it updated my Control surface v from 1.05 to 1.08. I'm super stoked about this, I had gotten really down in the dumps with my purchase as not being able to save Programs was a big deal as I try to build my libraries. I was even thinking of selling my unit and moving to the OP-1.

so happy about this...
-Unreall

I love the MPC, But if I lost it AND my OP-1 in a fire, I'd replace the OP-1 first. That's what it means to me.

For consideration....

By Unreallystic Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 pm
Icepulse wrote:I love the MPC, But if I lost it AND my OP-1 in a fire, I'd replace the OP-1 first. That's what it means to me.

For consideration....

I wanted the OP-1 first, but wanted pads and didn't like the recording setup. In hindsight, the OP-1 is arguably a better purchase as I'm using the iPad right now for synthesis/sampling. I've just decided to put the OP-1 back on my "target" list, but its got a few things ahead of it (new set of monitors, 4k screen for studio, etc).
- Unreall
By marctronixx Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm
Bro, there is an option in the LIVE to SOFTWARE EJECT the internal hd/ssd that's user installed. Bean head.. :-D :smoker: :Sigh:

Danoc wrote:You gotta eject the SSD internal drive just to update? :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: So then you gotta open up the bottom pull the SSD out then put it back in to reconnect? :Sigh: :WTF:

Nah I will stay where I am. I'm good!

marctronixx wrote:
If you have an internal ssd installed, "eject" it. Any USB thumb drives, remove them.
By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm
thumbs up I am glad you did it. I just down loaded it, but I won't put it in just yet! :smoker:

CFM01 wrote:I've had no problems with the enclosed blue USB cable!
I updated with a USB drive still stuck in the back of the unit.
I did get an update error message! Said "please plug in the power" but the MPC was on!

By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:07 pm
Hey sour neck, I don't care about ejecting I don't have a drive to put in, I use usb connected drives only. How many times do I have to tell yall that? So it doesn't matter to me Booga Drawls! :lol: :lol: :fku:

marctronixx wrote:Bro, there is an option in the LIVE to SOFTWARE EJECT the internal hd/ssd that's user installed. Bean head.. :-D :smoker: :Sigh:
By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 pm
Thanks for sharing, that's great it works, I will probably try on the weekend! You're a cool dude! :smoker:

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Danoc wrote:So you must have to cut it back on to reconnect?

When mine restarted after the update, all was well and good - the drive was back on.

And yes, it did tell me to plug in - wouldn't do it on battery power.

Good to know, though, that you can update without ejecting that drive!

No worries or blah blah blah on my end, Danoc. You've been helpful and friendly - I was trying to be, too. Just on the road today and running like crazy. Home now and glad to be. Time to turn on and play!
By matt underwood Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 pm
matt underwood wrote:hm "Fixed an issue with internal SATA drives disconnecting" they say. okay.. so why my mpc live is still disconnecting my internal SSD?? it even disconnect my usb sticks now when I use them in controller mode!! WTF AKAI?!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

EDIT: ok on the mpc itself my ssd seems to work now.. but when i connect it to my mac in controller mode, I'm unable to move files from my mac to my mpc ssd or from mpc ssd to my mac. as soon i start to move files around my ssd disconnects. :Sigh:

2nd EDIT: I totally forgot that my mac is running on a beta OS 10.12.6.. probably is that the issue and not the issue from akai's side. stupid me :Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh:
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 am
Yes sir! Akai's firmware is not up to your 10.12.6 if you can l suggest to go back. You have to give them and othet programs to catch up. I never update immediately like that l wait a few months.

matt underwood wrote:
matt underwood wrote:hm "Fixed an issue with internal SATA drives disconnecting" they say. okay.. so why my mpc live is still disconnecting my internal SSD?? it even disconnect my usb sticks now when I use them in controller mode!! WTF AKAI?!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

EDIT: ok on the mpc itself my ssd seems to work now.. but when i connect it to my mac in controller mode, I'm unable to move files from my mac to my mpc ssd or from mpc ssd to my mac. as soon i start to move files around my ssd disconnects. :Sigh:

2nd EDIT: I totally forgot that my mac is running on a beta OS 10.12.6.. probably is that the issue and not the issue from akai's side. stupid me :Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh:
By Cockdiesel Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 am
ice pulse your shit is dope.

I can hear the difference with that track. thats really clean daw type stuff, thats the op1 right? really organic sounding.

I am unsure as it seems to throw me off some. those samples I wouldnt usually hear so clean.
By Icepulse Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am
Cockdiesel wrote:ice pulse your **** is dope.

I can hear the difference with that track. thats really clean daw type stuff, thats the op1 right? really organic sounding.

I am unsure as it seems to throw me off some. those samples I wouldnt usually hear so clean.

100%. Thanks for the props.
By akom-studio.com Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm
One query - how do you guys enter update mode? I know I got to go the preferences screen, then via shift enter the menu for the update mode. My MPC asks me if I really wanna restart in update mode. I hit yes. It's shutting down, end. Nothing. When I restart it, it's just back again as usual. But no update mode... Any ideas?