MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Did this the other day, so it's fresh in my mind.
Presumably you downloaded the Firmware update for your system?
As you said, enter "Preferences", look to bottom of screen "Reset" should be the visible tab.
Press Shift, Reset tab will change to "Update". Press this, Live/X will ask if you want to enter update mode, reply yes, Live/X shuts down & restarts automatically.

Connect blue usb3 cable to LIve/X & also to computer. By this point, you should have the updater package open on your desktop. Click into it, it will advise you if MPC is not plugged in. If so, connect power cable.
Once these conditions have been met, the screen should show "UPDATE MPC".
Click on this prompt, & the firmware will transfer & install to your MPC.
This takes about 1 min to complete, Once complete, the screen will state "DONE". Click this & your MPC will reboot to usual start screen. Go to "Preferences", it should display the firmware as 2.0.3.
This vid should help if you're really stuck!!
Hope that helps!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BD1jcaos8U
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:10 pm
What's up.
Do you have all the Air stuff? If you do did it mess up with the new firmware?

Thanks

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Did this the other day, so it's fresh in my mind.
Presumably you downloaded the Firmware update for your system?
As you said, enter "Preferences", look to bottom of screen "Reset" should be the visible tab.
Press Shift, Reset tab will change to "Update". Press this, Live/X will ask if you want to enter update mode, reply yes, Live/X shuts down & restarts automatically.

Connect blue usb3 cable to LIve/X & also to computer. By this point, you should have the updater package open on your desktop. Click into it, it will advise you if MPC is not plugged in. If so, connect power cable.
Once these conditions have been met, the screen should show "UPDATE MPC".
Click on this prompt, & the firmware will transfer & install to your MPC.
This takes about 1 min to complete, Once complete, the screen will state "DONE". Click this & your MPC will reboot to usual start screen. Go to "Preferences", it should display the firmware as 2.0.3.
This vid should help if you're really stuck!!
Hope that helps!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BD1jcaos8U
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm
Yeah checked your joint. Joint is tight!

Icepulse wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:ice pulse your **** is dope.

I can hear the difference with that track. thats really clean daw type stuff, thats the op1 right? really organic sounding.

I am unsure as it seems to throw me off some. those samples I wouldnt usually hear so clean.

100%. Thanks for the props.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:21 pm
@ Danoc: Nah, unfortunately not, so I don't know.Have sent support request for the Air stuff, so we'll see what happens... Just gonna have to wait for Akai to sort their site out for that, I think....:-(
By Danoc Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:42 pm
Well when I had the Air stuff on Protools (Xpand, Hybrid, and Velvet) it was dope, They added some new joints and I love them. So I got it all and I will tell you, you will be one happy mofo when you get it all the instruments and effects! You're going to be pleased. I am so happy I got it right away. Dam Akai taking so long to update their site? :WTF:

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:@ Danoc: Nah, unfortunately not, so I don't know.Have sent support request for the Air stuff, so we'll see what happens... Just gonna have to wait for Akai to sort their site out for that, I think....:-(
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
Well, I'll give it to Akai's customer support,. They've just replied to my request for the plugins with a list of links for everything included on the normal download site!! Once I get everything installed, I'll test & report back...
By akom-studio.com Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:26 pm
Live/X shuts down & restarts automatically.

Cheers @MaScHiNeHeAd! Indeed helpful because I can see what should happen - unfortunately my Live does not restart automatically but just stays off after shutting down.

Strange...
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 pm
@akom-studio.com: You're very welcome, mate..Like to help when I can!!
Strange indeed. Sounds like you may have a faulty Live, sorry to say. However, this is just MY opinion, I'd fire off an email to Akai if I were you...let me know how you get on.... :x :x
By marctronixx Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:10 pm
heck i didn't know how to do it either, but once i connected the mpc via the usb a screen popped up telling exactly what to do.. lol
(I dont have the mpc software on the computer)

steps to try:

use a different cable.
different usb port
different computer.

remove any usb drives.
park/eject any user installed SSD's/Hds (hush it Danoc! i dont even wanna hear it! :-D :smoker: :wink: )
By mega77 Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:13 am
Got my X today as well. Updated the firmware. Why’s Akai site down already :WTF:
By Danoc Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:34 am
Yeah l was about to tell hit them up they will give you everything of the Air stuff. I even got in touch with them and they replied quickly. I was shocked. Im optimistic about things gettung better.

Yeah report back let me know how you like the instruments and efx.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Well, I'll give it to Akai's customer support,. They've just replied to my request for the plugins with a list of links for everything included on the normal download site!! Once I get everything installed, I'll test & report back...
By Danoc Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 am
Haaahaaa lmao lol

marctronixx wrote:remove any usb drives.
park/eject any user installed SSD's/Hds (hush it Danoc! i dont even wanna hear it! :-D :smoker: :wink: )