MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Pb21 Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Thanks to one of the forum members I have been able to import a mid file. What I am not sure about is how to import into the new selected track of sequence 1, the live only allows import into a new sequence. So maybe I've done something wrong.

Help would be appreciated.
By axs Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm
I think you have to import the next midi file to sequence 2, etc. And then copy events from sequence 2 to sequence 1. Why they did it that way, is beyond me. I thought for sure there would be a software update addressing some of these kinds of weird issues a few weeks after release, but I'm starting to wonder...if you find some smarter way of importing midi, let us (me) know.
Cheers!
By Feech Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 pm
So I want to understand this correctly. I have several midi files. First what will be bass, second piano etc. when I import first file I load up say " the bank" I hear sounds. From there forward is my issue. To hear additional sounds from say another vst, what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.