MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 am
It’s a really big luxury to have both. I’m just doing about the simplest stuff with it, feels like a waste at times. I’m just in awe of the soundI I can get from it though. Perhaps similar to how you feel about the live blue.

76 keys ain’t stunting danoc?
By Danoc Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 am
I love my Live it does what l need in a beautiful way.

The Toraiz looks interesting but my soul is with Akai machines

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Yeah. I picked one up to try it out. And it's not going back. :) I really dig it. Not sure what's up with the Live; it will stick around for a while to see how much I use it. It's powerful 'n' all, but really more than I'm looking for ... possibly. I don't know. They might compliment each other well. CockDiesel has done some cool stuff with both of them together.
By Blue Monster 65 Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 am
Danoc wrote:The Toraiz looks interesting but my soul is with Akai machines.

That’s cool; I totally understand. I’m not that invested in anyone thing (save for my guitar!) at the moment. I envy those who know what they want and can get on with creating. I think I may be getting close ...

I’m also very fortunate that I’m in a spot right now that the Live is paid for and I’ve got a low monthly payment on the Toraiz that I’ll ride for a bit. Gives me a bit of breathing room, you know? Normally I sell one thing to buy another. This time I get to A/B them over time. I am very lucky!
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm
Both machines do have their bread and butter features and both are Superman and Bizarro. Who is what is up to the user, but Bizarro the one who smokes kryptonite. :mrgreen:

Akai needs to make two sections in song mode. One for the one we have now which is a linear list of sequences, and the second should be an 8 track recorder with 128 MIDI tracks standalone.
By Danoc Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm
Nah 76 keys ain't stunting now 88 keys is LOL I need 76 keys at first I really wanted 61 but then 76 helps me where I can keep playing without stopping to hit a button to change octives. My boy has 88 keys weighted so I was like ok, lets give it a whirl. Man the keys feel so good, I am just loving it. I am happy as a mofo. I remember having 88 keys way back, but now I got everything in front of me not off to the side, I don't like working like that no more. So my whole concept was to get my stu set up the way I wanted it. So no I'm not stunting lol hahahah man let me live for once LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cockdiesel wrote:It’s a really big luxury to have both. I’m just doing about the simplest stuff with it, feels like a waste at times. I’m just in awe of the soundI I can get from it though. Perhaps similar to how you feel about the live blue.

76 keys ain’t stunting danoc?
By Danoc Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:51 pm
Holy crap. Wi-fi. This is my first experience with the Live with these function so excuse me if lm excited.

So if Wi-fi can be on can l down load from the net on to a thumb drive?

By Eyalc Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 pm
Danoc wrote:Holy ****. Wi-fi. This is my first experience with the Live with these function so excuse me if lm excited.

I don’t believe the functionality for WiFi has been added yet, other than it being able to connect to a WiFi network. I may be wrong though.

Agree though, could be some cool uses being able to connect to a WiFi network. Connecting to the net to download updates, load samples from a network drive, etc. would be nice.
By Danoc Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:48 am
I hope it can connect to a network. But it may need to just connect to Akai's site only because we don't want any bugs.

Bluetooth is nice, wonder how people are doing with that

Eyalc wrote:
Danoc wrote:Holy ****. Wi-fi. This is my first experience with the Live with these function so excuse me if lm excited.

I don’t believe the functionality for WiFi has been added yet, other than it being able to connect to a WiFi network. I may be wrong though.

Agree though, could be some cool uses being able to connect to a WiFi network. Connecting to the net to download updates, load samples from a network drive, etc. would be nice.
By Danoc Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 pm
Dope desk set up. I see you have the tape emulation in your DAW, I use the Softube Tape, I love it. Dope-A-Licious Himilaya Beats track, loving those drums and the hiphop grass roots sound.

Fanu wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BfX5p_yluew/?taken-by=fanufatgyver
By Blue Monster 65 Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 am
Well ... I guess this is as good a place as any to post this ... I've decided to sell my Live.

It's not that it's a bad machine; it's not! It does way more than my SP-16 does and sounds great doing it. It just isn't for me. I've accomplished more in less than a week with the SP-16 than I did in almost a year with the Live. It just isn't my thing, I guess!

Anyway, I'm going to be posting it up on eBay soon, complete with 240GB SSD, 128GB low profile USB stick, MPC Live/X Bible, Decksaver cover, all original goodies in the box, and a few sample sets I bought as well. If you know someone who wants one fully loaded, send them my way, would you? I'm asking $1000 including shipping within the US (sorry - only selling to the US at this point in time) via PayPal.

Hope it's OK to post this in here!

I've enjoyed this forum and that's probably the biggest drawback of selling the Live. Thanks for all the info, support and fun, guys!