MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:55 am
The first 2 desks that Danoc posted are the same kind of desks I've seen in every West Indian household. The only thing they're missing is the big plant beside it!

This is my preferred studio desk setup

https://jamaicaclassifiedonline.com/com ... -34028.htm
By Cockdiesel Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:57 am
Where do you find this shit, Richie? 40k? AND a warranty?

I’ve been eyeing up this bad boy for a nice and neat setup. Might try to jack the plans and make one myself. I could get some real nice wood and save a lot of money.

Either way I’m putting something together. Who knows though. I’ve tried so many differnt arrangements it’s not even funny.

By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 am
@Cockdiesel I'm good at the internet man.

By the way, you should peep the Ikea Jerker desk. It's discontinued but it's not hard to find a used one on the buy and sell for relatively cheap. They're built like a tank and fit studio setups quite well.
By Danoc Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 am
:lol: :lol: :WTF: RICHIEEEEEE!
The hell wrong with you this new year man! Lmao lol
I know over 50 west indians and NONE them has either desk. Lmao more than half got weed though lol

You are crazy lol

richie wrote:The first 2 desks that Danoc posted are the same kind of desks I've seen in every West Indian household. The only thing they're missing is the big plant beside it!

By Certified Beatz Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 am
richie wrote:The first 2 desks that Danoc posted are the same kind of desks I've seen in every West Indian household. The only thing they're missing is the big plant beside it!

Okay only jokes but the black thing on the couch are womans panties or a wave cap either way wtf lol
Last edited by Certified Beatz on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 am
:shock: whhhooooaaa! Dam that's nice. I would paint that desk all black and put my Live right in the middle.

Would you use oak wood to build that? Whats a good wood to build that? The X would look sweet in the middle .
I would build like 1 1/2 hump block in the middle and set the Live or X on it like its center stage.

That desk is from OutPut right?

Cockdiesel wrote:Where do you find this ****, Richie? 40k? AND a warranty?

I’ve been eyeing up this bad boy for a nice and neat setup. Might try to jack the plans and make one myself. I could get some real nice wood and save a lot of money.

Either way I’m putting something together. Who knows though. I’ve tried so many differnt arrangements it’s not even funny.

Last edited by Danoc on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Danoc Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 am
:WTF: now how in the world did you see panties? Lmao

Ok l quit! LOL :lol:

Certified Beatz wrote:

Okay only jokes but the black thing on the couch are womans panties or a wave either way wtf lol
By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:18 am
@Danoc really? I don't know what to say about that. Maybe the ones I know are all getting their desks from the same Walmart then.

I gotta say, some of you be posting pics that look like it's straight out of the Ikea catalog. How do you all cope living without having to worry about tripping over wires or baby toys or using your Creative Labs speakers to mix things? Having your setup too clean makes your beats sound way too clean like you all got shimmer.wav running throughout the whole track.

I bet if I took a look in you peoples fridge that everything is organized by expiration date and food groups. I still drink RC Cola that I had stashed in my moms basement back in '99 when people thought the Y2K was going to shut sh*t down.
By Danoc Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:33 am
:lol:
Man don't hate on Ikea they got some nice tables and you can do a hack and make the perfect desk.

My stoo stay clean and l can get dirty with the beats any time. All intbhe mind. When you have seen the ghetto in NYC you can get grimey as a motha crap!

richie wrote:@Danoc really? I don't know what to say about that. Maybe the ones I know are all getting their desks from the same Walmart then.

I gotta say, some of you be posting pics that look like it's straight out of the Ikea catalog. How do you all cope living without having to worry about tripping over wires or baby toys or using your Creative Labs speakers to mix things? Having your setup too clean makes your beats sound way too clean like you all got shimmer.wav running throughout the whole track.

I bet if I took a look in you peoples fridge that everything is organized by expiration date and food groups. I still drink RC Cola that I had stashed in my moms basement back in '99 when people thought the Y2K was going to shut sh*t down.
By Fanu Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:19 pm
Danoc wrote:Nice. I told them about Zoar but they don't run cheap.
Where's the Live?

Fanu wrote:Image

Anyone looking for a big, sturdy desk, look into Zaor.
That's my Zaor Miza XL.

Can't fit all gear on the desk, and I have another desk in my living room with more gear. Ha.
Zaor isn't cheap, but the build quality is amazing. Heavy, and I love it. Doesn't feel light and jittery like the Ikea one in my living room.
By Danoc Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Daaaammmmm man how many setups do you have? :shock: Great lord lol

Thats why l went with my desk, made out of cherry wood, glass and stainless steal. Ima make it look teal nice.

You guys got to much gear for me. If l saw it in person l'd pass out lol

Fanu wrote:
Anyone looking for a big, sturdy desk, look into Zaor.
That's my Zaor Miza XL.
[/quote]

Can't fit all gear on the desk, and I have another desk in my living room with more gear. Ha.
Zaor isn't cheap, but the build quality is amazing. Heavy, and I love it. Doesn't feel light and jittery like the Ikea one in my living room.[/quote]
By Fanu Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm
Danoc wrote:Daaaammmmm man how many setups do you have? :shock: Great lord lol

Ha. I got gear two fill up two desks. I just move things around.
I'm currently on holiday and got time to do useless things, so finally, after having been a Gearslutz member for some years, I updated my gear list.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mystudio/249486-fanu/

Haha.