MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm
Danoc wrote:Indeed. Yo Eyaic look at Ill's floor don't it look like some big giant MPC pads? Lmao Ill can make beats with his feetzzzz! lol :lol:

Eyalc wrote:This is a nice set up too!

I always like seeing pictures of where people write, compose, record, produce... I don’t comment much though. The layouts these days of home studios gets more and more impressive.

Great work space man!

Haha - didn’t even notice that!!!
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Danoc wrote:That's dope. You have total control on your production using the live.

You're doing exactly what l use to do with the 2000XL.
I see that vinyl collection. :smoker:

Ironically, you doing exactly what I use to do. I used to play melodies on my keyboard and sample it into an SP-505 and build tracks :-D

I was always a crate digger but copyright laws spooked me into making my own samples when starting out. But now, I'm rebel 8)
By Cockdiesel Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:43 am
Damn these guitar mfers ride clean.

Everyone’s setup is looking proper. Look forward to hearing what these spots produce. Illgreen you gotta give us taste of that pioneer. I swear man, they sacrificed a goat or something when they created that thing. Shits got some serious magic to it.

After I clear out most my gear I’ll post up a decent setup. Right now just rocking my live at the kitchen table... lol.
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Damn these guitar mfers ride clean.

Everyone’s setup is looking proper. Look forward to hearing what these spots produce. Illgreen you gotta give us taste of that pioneer. I swear man, they sacrificed a goat or something when they created that thing. Shits got some serious magic to it.

After I clear out most my gear I’ll post up a decent setup. Right now just rocking my live at the kitchen table... lol.

The sad thing is that Pioneer doesn't even know what they got, to them its a performance sampler for DJs on live sets, they didn't anticipate it being a production tool in the studio. They are oblivious to the new evolution they created. But if you used a DJS in the studio in the same manner you would use an MPC Live, then you'll see the magic, its night and day, its realtime processing chip seperates it from the rest. The only thing that keeps it from being a true production is the lack of 8 outs and lack of song mode.

Its truly the MPC Live's competition. I wonder what this new flagship is at NAMM?
By Danoc Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm
Nice. You got guitar pedals up the wazoo. Is that a Gibson on the wall?

Moog77 wrote:@Guilleonline: That tele really is nice! I see some similarities in our setup... love the tweed case.

By Danoc Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm
:worthy: Dammmm! I know that mesh chair is like $1,000 or $800. Its comfy.
You got the acoustics tight and the X is nice sitting there in command!

What camera are you using? Im looking at the Nikon i340.

Eyalc wrote:Had this taken for the inside cover of The Beautiful Warrior.