MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djhighfly Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:37 pm
1. copy&paste in grid mode
2. save sample in sample edit mode
3. arpeggiator
4. remember midichannel on next track
5. audio mute in sequences
6. better overview
7. a little bit more time for sampling (30-35 min.for sampling half LP)
8. usb mouse
9. Pad performance mode also usable in normal sequence main or grid view
10. other languages like other DAW has...
By zangetsu01 Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:44 am
dazastah wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:If anyone has a workaround for sidechaining please share..

for software
http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechain-compressor
It uses some kind of send and receive signal within its plugin code...
I use the sender plugin on a send/return and the receiver plugin on a submix group...

Thanks I've been searching for something like this but couldn't find it. I'll try it out once I get home..
By Fudge Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:08 pm
1 Tempo Track feature
2 Better MIDI implementation. For example; recording and transmitting SYSEX info
3 Better backwards compatability with MID/SEQ files from older AKAI machines
By zangetsu01 Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:08 am
dazastah wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:If anyone has a workaround for sidechaining please share..

for software
http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechain-compressor
It uses some kind of send and receive signal within its plugin code...
I use the sender plugin on a send/return and the receiver plugin on a submix group...

I tried the demo and it works but not without problems. It's as if the compressor keeps hanging sometimes.
which results in cutting of the sounds for a few bars long.
By Brizco Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am
only HW related:

- Midi Out on USB
- Proper compatibility for Legacy Akai Formats: Recognizing Partitions
- Better Metering and Metering inside the compressor/fx
- Kontakt Import :popcorn:
- Giving a list of compatible USB CD and Floppy Drives... i had no luck so far :shock:
By Coz Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:53 pm
- I'd like to be able to edit what modes appear down the left hand side of the main screen. It's criminal that you have to dip into the menu for program edit, but shite like the step sequencer and XY effects have a permanent home on the main screen.

- Realtime time correct in standalone.

- I'd like to see the effects condensed into individual types rather than the way Akai have padded out the list to make it look like there's shit loads to choose from. So you'd have one filter effect with everything you need within that single instance. Likewise with reverb, flanger and phaser etc. A huge list with everything separated is mind numbing to scroll through and any form of GUI would be better than none like it is at the minute.
By kubes Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:11 am
Regarding the X
- Would love to see a hdmi/vga output, but that is hardware related and most probably not realizable, at least not with the X Gen. 1 without deeper re-design of the outline.
- would love to see the possibility of summing up external audio signals on both input pairs routed to the main out. Audio signals from different sources (not X internal samples) bypass the X and sent through the X to the speakers. Acts like a mixer or pre-monitoring before recording. Have asked a similar question at elektronauts forum, where Yorgos was so kind to answer: not possible on my Live, but maybe on the X. Had a phone chat with Akai customer service and the guy was not sure if this works with the X, but will try to find it out. Let's see if he comes up with something.

Cheers
By Praxisaxis Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:31 am
These have already been mentioned, but in my view most important:

1) COPY PASTE in Grid Edit. Surely this is the worst oversight!! Enable the copy button so it's contextual within the grid menu. One press copies selected. 2nd press pastes at insertion point. Repeated presses does loop pastes. Shift + paste does merge. Similar stuff for erase button. Come on!!

2) Automation lanes in grid edit. Why this is not possible on the hardware I do not know.

3) A toggle so that Next Sequence menu perseveres with selected sequence on exiting that menu. I want to cue a sequence, but don't want to stay waiting in that menu for it to happen.
By Praxisaxis Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:39 am
By the way, if you're with me on the Copy/Paste (functionality from the hardware button) in Grid Edit, let's all put pressure on this. Post the same thing in other forums and use the feedback feature in the software. This, out of everything else, is my pet hate - no excuses with this one in my opinion.
By zangetsu01 Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:53 am
Praxisaxis wrote:By the way, if you're with me on the Copy/Paste (functionality from the hardware button) in Grid Edit, let's all put pressure on this. Post the same thing in other forums and use the feedback feature in the software. This, out of everything else, is my pet hate - no excuses with this one in my opinion.

Done this at here, on FB and on GS. :popcorn: (not particularly the hardware button but copy and paste in grid edit)
By zangetsu01 Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 am
What would be nice is to go to previous screens with swiping on the edges of the screen. They can use this tool in a mighty way..
By starmanwarz Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 am
Praxisaxis wrote:Also . . . would love Shift+pad for choosing menus, ala MPC1000.

Yeah I'd love that too, although it was mode+pad back then and now it's menu+screen so it's still 2 moves.
By Fanu Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 am
Praxisaxis wrote:By the way, if you're with me on the Copy/Paste (functionality from the hardware button) in Grid Edit, let's all put pressure on this. Post the same thing in other forums and use the feedback feature in the software. This, out of everything else, is my pet hate - no excuses with this one in my opinion.

I agree…this is a screaming omission. It can't be that hard to implement.