MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:57 am
Posted this on the AKAI forum too...
Guess everybody has their own definition of feature requests to spit out...What's yours?
My top requests would be:
1. Inside Track Mute menu a 3rd option at the bottom (next to track group already there's a space) called "Perform" where it will switch the pads to a program of your choice and you'll be able to perform and mute simultaneously!!!Insanelly useful for Live jamming and testing ideas...One screen to rule them all!!!
2. DJ Mode...Nudge buttons and real time Disk streaming where you can load shit load of tracks without maxing out the memory.In other words something similar with static machines in the Elektron camp.
3. As i said in another thread option to control volume in trim/chop modes.
4. Probability percentage knob...I know...i know there's already a probability trick by setting empty layers and randomize them but wouldn't be much easier if there was only one knob?
5. Use Live's XY FX to switch between 128 layers of looped samples at different intervals chosen at the bottom of the screen next to latch like 1/2,1/4,Tripplets using Shift etc. Instant glitch/breakcore/idm heaven!Also more destinations for the XY's like morphing between 4 sample layers for example...A wonderful way to enhance the single cycle wave table synth i've created using the 4 sample layers ;-)
6. Ability to modulate,control and rec/automate the start/end of samples...Ye i'm talking bout that granular stuff.
7. And while you're at it let's have some macro control of many different parameters with one qlink knob or XY FX like in Ableton Live by setting Min/Max values.
8. More options for clip programs
9. Let's have that real time stretch/pitch shifting also for drum programs in standalone and please give us that Elastique Pro algorithms to choose from.
10. A way to use side chaining and parallel compression (2 of the most powerful techniques out there in mixing/mastering) in standalone mode with the addition of a HQ Limiter and Exciter in FX section.
11. Editable Automation lanes
By Moho Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:25 am
All great ideas but with finite cpu what are you willing to lose ?
I'd happily lose clips for modulatable start / loop points ( transwaves rock ) :)
By Danoc Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 am
Instead of 8 stereo tracks give us 32 tracks stereo and able to chose any one into mono tracks.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:33 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:9. Let's have that real time stretch/pitch shifting also for drum programs in standalone and please give us that Elastique Pro algorithms to choose from.

Elastique is mac/windows exclusive, there is no Linux port that I can see, so unless zplane make a port specifically for Akai (unlikely as it would cost Akai $$$$$$), I think we're probably stuck with the homebrew Akai algorithm in standalone.

As someone mentioned, the problem with the standalones is we now have very real CPU limits (plus any inherent limitations of a Linux-based OS), something that the previous generation of MPC Software controllers didn't really need to worry about, so any new features need to take this into account.

I think Akai have their hands full 'properly' implementing the existing core features over from the computer GUI, so I'd like to see them concentrate on those areas first; list editor, automation editing (via mod lanes), expansion install + proper standalone expansion browser etc. Better internal drive integration with computers is also a priority IMO (for backup, transferring projects back and forth, transfer of content and so on), plus the browser (standalone and computer) needs sorting out with proper searchable index, user library and proper tagging like maschine.
By darwingrosse Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 pm
I really want easier on-hardware editing of multisampled key programs. Right now, audition with a pad is difficult, because it will always jump to the lowest layer for the requested pad - even if you are adjusting one of the higher layers. Makes it hard to get in the groove of multisample editing.

[ddg]
By Automageddon Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:14 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Posted this on the AKAI forum too...
Guess everybody has their own definition of feature requests to spit out...What's yours?
My top requests would be:
1. Inside Track Mute menu a 3rd option at the bottom (next to track group already there's a space) called "Perform" where it will switch the pads to a program of your choice and you'll be able to perform and mute simultaneously!!!Insanelly useful for Live jamming and testing ideas...One screen to rule them all!!!
2. DJ Mode...Nudge buttons and real time Disk streaming where you can load **** load of tracks without maxing out the memory.In other words something similar with static machines in the Elektron camp.
3. As i said in another thread option to control volume in trim/chop modes.
4. Probability percentage knob...I know...i know there's already a probability trick by setting empty layers and randomize them but wouldn't be much easier if there was only one knob?
5. Use Live's XY FX to switch between 128 layers of looped samples at different intervals chosen at the bottom of the screen next to latch like 1/2,1/4,Tripplets using Shift etc. Instant glitch/breakcore/idm heaven!Also more destinations for the XY's like morphing between 4 sample layers for example...A wonderful way to enhance the single cycle wave table synth i've created using the 4 sample layers ;-)
6. Ability to modulate,control and rec/automate the start/end of samples...Ye i'm talking bout that granular stuff.
7. And while you're at it let's have some macro control of many different parameters with one qlink knob or XY FX like in Ableton Live by setting Min/Max values.
8. More options for clip programs
9. Let's have that real time stretch/pitch shifting also for drum programs in standalone and please give us that Elastique Pro algorithms to choose from.
10. A way to use side chaining and parallel compression (2 of the most powerful techniques out there in mixing/mastering) in standalone mode with the addition of a HQ Limiter and Exciter in FX section.
11. Editable Automation lanes

So you want an Octatrack that looks like the MPC?

I agree on the perform mode, it would be great to have track or pad mute on the screen and next sequence on the pad or vice versa.

I just want to see automations really, they could be implemented on the piano roll screen, when you click on velocity you could choose to edit any other automated event.

And **** sidechain, if a 20$ Ipad app can do it, why can't a 900$ one?
By Lampdog Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:54 pm
Automageddon wrote:
Yorgos wrote:And **** sidechain, if a 20$ Ipad app can do it, why can't a 900$ one?

This included and many other features other HW can do is stopping me from buying .
By Fanu Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:00 pm
Oh and automation lanes on hardware.
Not having them on hardware is unforgivable and doesn't make any sense.

Also being able to copy/duplicate certain notes on a track on hardware (e.g., being able to duplicate two bars worth of just a hihat on your current track).

And as for sidechain…the fact that Jah, who is a betatester, started the sidechain petition probably speaks volumes in terms of whether it is on the roadmap currently.
By JAH Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm
Fanu wrote:Oh and automation lanes on hardware.
Not having them on hardware is unforgivable and doesn't make any sense.

Also being able to copy/duplicate certain notes on a track on hardware (e.g., being able to duplicate two bars worth of just a hihat on your current track).

And as for sidechain…the fact that Jah, who is a betatester, started the sidechain petition probably speaks volumes in terms of whether it is on the roadmap currently.

Without going into specifics...that is exactly why I created that petition. I have no faith in Akai adding Side Chaining anytime soon. They will probably give us some silly, limited feature in hopes we are distracted. Like giving us the Looper back in 1.x instead of giving us real audio tracks. smh

I am still fighting hard to get Akai to add basic editing features. Copying / duplicating specific events should have been a 1.0 feature. Using these new MPCs in standalone mode really shows you how limited these MPCs are when not using the GUI.
By zangetsu01 Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:56 pm
*) Automation of sub busses, audio tracks (solo) and the master buss;
*) Side chaining;
*) overall view in standalone mode like trackview in controller mode;
*) To be able to make a block/clip of played notes and being able to move/copy it around freely;
*) Drag audio files and the notes to other tracks;
*) Copy/paste in grid edit mode;
*) Rename busses;
*) Assign master buss to whatever output you want.

They finally added audio tracks but I still have to load 2.0 as a plugin in Cubase to get side chaining.

I didn't number the points above because I will need all to be 95% happy with the new MPC's.
By wende Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:35 pm
-copy paste in grid mode ..... there is a BIG HARDWARE COPY BUTTON ! use it!
-some user config function buttons for quick jumping (studio ...stage settings for example)
-a button for pad mute in the track mute window and a button for track mute in the pad mute window
-if not a big one like on the 4000 than maybe a mini mod matrix
-macros for q links like one turn on a dial more than one parameter is moving (this could be part of the mini mod matrix)
-q links controllable from external midi cc
-filter depth for every layer
-press record without play ,the possibillity to record the pad on the locator point (like on every old mpc)
-list editor
-more clever gang modus (group) in the track mute page (like chose targets .......sources etc. )....half baked right now
-automation recordable per track (super important on stage mute unmute parts of the automation or to bring variations of automation )
-reorder tracks (easy way)
-there are more things in my head but the very important thing is---------------------------------------------------------- COPY PASTE NOTES IN THE GRID EDITOR
w.

-