MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm
wende wrote:-copy paste in grid mode ..... there is a BIG HARDWARE COPY BUTTON ! use it!

It's simply criminal and highly illogical that you cannot copy and paste midi notes using that button.
By Ill-Green Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:59 pm
I have only two (2) requests for Akai for standalone:

1-Pitch Shift

2-Loop Trigger (hit a pad and it loops start to end points infinitely until I hit the pad again to stop it).

Have a good day,

ILL GREEN
By richie Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:04 pm
1 - Feature where I can put a 3 minute sample in and have it auto chop and auto sequence the whole beat
2 - Feature Automatic mixing and mastering
3 - Option to upload songs to studios and get paid for beats via paypal
By Automageddon Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 am
Anyone knows how updates/bug fixes went for the previous Touch? That should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect. Did Akai listen and add new features/fixes?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:37 am
Automageddon wrote:Anyone knows how updates/bug fixes went for the previous Touch? That should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect. Did Akai listen and add new features/fixes?

A mixed bag, they can seem tone deaf to some feature requests, but every so often they surprise us. Basically anything that does happen seems to happen quite slowly. I mean, we're coming up to 2 years working on MPC Software 2.0 and really they seem to have spent most of their time on audio tracks and clips, both of which are fairly basic implementations (and I don't remember too many people asking for clips in the first place). They've released the MPC X with a dedicated 'list edit' button, but no actual list editor - again, the intention was clearly there when planning the unit, it was still there when it came to manufacturing the unit, but somehow it hasn't been implemented despite being there in both the computer and bluescreen UIs.

There's plenty of stuff that's needed attention from the Touch days that still remains untouched, be it bugs, features or implementation anomalies. 'Coming Soon' can really mean anything, for 'keygroup program edit' it mean few weeks, for 'Q Link edit' it meant nearly 2 years (and still beta for touch users).

My main concern is Akai's ability to ignore really obvious, gaping holes in the software, despite the community screaming at them to attend to it, e.g. not being able to edit automation, no copy/paste in grid, or not being able to record master channel fades, side chain, pdc, and generally clunky workflow implementations.

Basically there seems to be a somewhat odd decision making process involved at the basic development level, it's as if the people working on these MPCs don't actually use them themselves. Even beta testers are turning to creating public petitions to try to get features implemented which seems to indicate a breakdown in communication somewhere in the process, as I thought the volunteer beta testers (i.e. actual MPC users) were there to provide some much needed insight into the requirements of real MPC users.

It will be interesting to see how much Akai listen to the feedback they gain from the new feedback button in the software. The thing is, if you are going to have a public beta then you really need to have a public roadmap and a list of all reported bugs and features with an indication as to whether they are being worked on (or even considered).
By zangetsu01 Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm
^^ I agree. The shiny new features are nice to have. But I rather see them adress the things you've pointed out. It will allow me to a lot more inside 2.0 instead of looking alternatives and workarounds.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:can't seem to enter edit mode in the first post any clues?

Members can't edit posts after 24 hours, unfortunately we had to put this restriction in place as we used to get people coming back weeks (even years) after posting and often completely deleting their original posts, sometimes making entire topics useless as important info was removed.
By zangetsu01 Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:42 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Here's another:
--More FX inserts

There is a workaround for this in controler mode:

blue cat audio patchwork v2

This will allow you to put in as many vst's as you want.

If anyone has a workaround for sidechaining please share..
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:53 pm
Bummer...Some threads deserving an organized way of keeping things easy and accessible..It would be nice if 1st post could be edited with newly added requests so anyone who wants to add something new to read if his/her request has been asked before..
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:can't seem to enter edit mode in the first post any clues?

Members can't edit posts after 24 hours, unfortunately we had to put this restriction in place as we used to get people coming back weeks (even years) after posting and often completely deleting their original posts, sometimes making entire topics useless as important info was removed.