MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By M.s Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm
We are asking for advanced DAW features that took prominent DAWs years to get to. Very unrealistic, AKAI or In-music just stepped in the DAW arena, can't expect them to be Ableton Or freaking Protools in year. Nothing wrong with the pressure we set as the consumer, but some of your requests are a bit absurd. Let's be more realistic with the stand alone mode requests, we know we got a limited Cpu...
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:19 pm
You don't get the point of this thread clearly :Sigh: It doesn't matter what we request here AKAI will do whatever they like at the end..The purpose of this thread is to join all of our brains and give them food for thought..We don't care which one's are realistic or not..We leave that for them to decide..

Cheers!
M.s wrote:We are asking for advanced DAW features that took prominent DAWs years to get to. Very unrealistic, AKAI or In-music just stepped in the DAW arena, can't expect them to be Ableton Or freaking Protools in year. Nothing wrong with the pressure we set as the consumer, but some of your requests are a bit absurd. Let's be more realistic with the stand alone mode requests, we know we got a limited Cpu...
Last edited by Yorgos Arabatzis on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sheldon Cooper Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:32 pm
Hello, I'm new here! :worthy:

it is called "LIVE" so here are some of the basic things it needs for live performance:

- routing mono samples to single outputs. Individual outputs instead of stereo pairs
- possibility to send internal metronome to outputs as required and possibility to load our own samples for the click sound (the sounds included aren't really clear and "clicky")
- in grid mode, there is the need for a cursor to jump back and forth between the timeline instead of using the knob to scroll bar after bar
- copy/paste in grid edit mode
- when in song mode, I would like to be able to tweak other things and go back to song mode
- an alternative to the previous one could be a playlist in the browser to choose the order of the projects to be opened for a live set
Last edited by Sheldon Cooper on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:17 pm
- In sample edit mode the ability to store sample's bpm for future loading.For example if you want to use Live as DJ decks when you loading for instance a House track Live calculates it x2 (240bpm) and you manually have to change it /x2 (120bpm).The next time you load this track it doesn't remember the correct changes you've made...This is huge!
By dazastah Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:59 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:If anyone has a workaround for sidechaining please share..

for software
http://www.db-audioware.com/sidechain-compressor
It uses some kind of send and receive signal within its plugin code...
I use the sender plugin on a send/return and the receiver plugin on a submix group...
By vanballen Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 pm
I would really like to record track mutes as I play with the tracks in track mute mode..

To make a song I now use a lot of copied sequences and I mute the tracks differently in a sequence and the I place the sequences in a song.. a lot of work and it has not the same flow as live track muting..

I just want to play with it and record it into a song without using extra sequences..