MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 pm
I was about to do a hard copy but he will keep updating so l said no.

Yeah his tutorial is a big help

JeanLive wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes I'll be updating the book for 2.0.5, already working on it

Great stuff! I'm finding your book indispensable as a learning tool - even had it printed up in hardcopy (standalone!).

I have a suggestion... as someone who new to the MPC world is it possible that you could add a 'command index' (perhaps at the back of the book) so if I forget how to, say, 'purge' samples or 'add filter adsr' - I can quickly look up the page (or chapter) number.

Thanks in advance.
By Heavie Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:53 am
I purchase my copy this afternoon and I'm impressed. With the included example tutorial data file to load in the mpc, to make it very easy to follow along. Plus the best support on the net. Great job, MPC-Tutor.
By Danoc Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:51 pm
woketoad wrote:Just bought it last night, very detailed book, pretty expensive but no regrets, thanks for all the hard work.

Expensive? Like how? Inexpensive if you ask me, here's why.

1. You get 498 pages, there's not a book on this planet with that much detail about the Akai new MPCs , not even Akai has put out a book this in depth.
2. The grooling work Tutor put into it to go through basically save US time is worth than what he charged. In order to do what he did takes up his time. He had to type, snap shot, arrange, convert and constantly upgrade his book for free.
3. You have to pay for his time just like you would pay an engineer, producer, or for studio time.

So l need to know how its expensive when a third party company would of charged more.
By Nelson_Baboon Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 am
I'm a very new user of the mpc x, and I was just lost on my first day. I'm not a beginner by any means....I've used modular synths for years, have been a kyma user for years, have tried many of the more complex hardware sequencers, etc, but I guess I'm a bit lost when it comes to DAWs (don't really need complex uses of them), and I've never been an mpc fan (tried the 1000 briefly and didn't get on with it).

I didn't find the official manual to be very helpful. Perhaps I just have a mental block, but I even had trouble with the beginning tutorial stuff - i just never seemed to match what they were telling me I should see, and progress was slow.

So, I figured that this tutorial was worth a try, and I'm really impressed as to the thought and care that has gone into it. No problems following any of this at all (disclaimer - I'm still on chapter 1, but thought I had to give a shout out here). Really excellent work. And I think that the price is extremely reasonable.
By dflat57 Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:15 am
I just picked up a copy. Going away for a whole week. I will be studying this info like a have a math final. I want to know all there is to know about this machine. Thanks for all of your hard work. I really appreciate it.
By robirch Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 am
I got my Live today and also purchased the guide. Very, very helpful and way better than the Akai manual. I think $40 outlay to get the most out of a $1000 piece of kit is pretty good value.