MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:31 am
Indeed the tips and tricks is a must. Whoever doesn't get Tutors book then they will miss out. Over 400 pages? Thats dope. I get the serious sense Tutor LOVES doing that with a passion.

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Seconded! As a first-time MPC user, I get around pretty good (well ... OK ... ) on my Live, but I'm looking forward to the tips 'n' tricks herein. So far it is well worth the price - nice work and thanks again, Tutor!
By PLNB Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 pm
Overall this guide looks great. I am looking to master the midi side of things on this machine regarding controlling midi cc, automation, and the best methods to pull audio from other devices in sync with the mpc sequencer. Q-link control/automation of connected gear is another unknown at this point, so hopefully the guide has that covered.
By Danoc Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:45 am
PLNB wrote:Overall this guide looks great. I am looking to master the midi side of things on this machine regarding controlling midi cc, automation, and the best methods to pull audio from other devices in sync with the mpc sequencer. Q-link control/automation of connected gear is another unknown at this point, so hopefully the guide has that covered.

Very profoundly said :worthy:
By Hideous mutant Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 am
Had to register to say the fattest thank you for The Bible. Already ironed out some mildly inconvenient methods of tweaking stuff.
If there is any other complete noob (MPC or producing) reading this and wondering should you get the book, get it, worth every cent. Very well written and informative book.
Thanks Tutor!

Also, a nice community, I've been lurking since january when I started to look again into HW samplers, which I've been thinking of getting since the end of 90's.
By Danoc Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm
A must have indeed. Kicled my manual to the curb lol

Hideous mutant wrote:Had to register to say the fattest thank you for The Bible. Already ironed out some mildly inconvenient methods of tweaking stuff.
If there is any other complete noob (MPC or producing) reading this and wondering should you get the book, get it, worth every cent. Very well written and informative book.
Thanks Tutor!

Also, a nice community, I've been lurking since january when I started to look again into HW samplers, which I've been thinking of getting since the end of 90's.
By Blue Monster 65 Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks for all the kind words! I'm currently working on additional EPUB and MOBI versions of the book, I'll try to get those ready for this week and will email all owners with the free update link as soon as it's all ready.

You're welcome - I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true, though!

And thanks for an update - very cool!
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 pm
And BANG!! its here! Akai oughta be on their hands and knees for this and thank Tutor. Their tutorials are shotgun shit in a toilet bowl.

I will be copping this next Friday, then print it at Fedex :nod:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am
BostonGreen wrote:Do existing owners of the Bible get a free upgrade to this version?

If you are referring to the MPC Touch Bible 1.9 (this is a different book to the MPC Live/X Bible), I will be releasing the 2.0 edition of this later this week and it will be offered to 'MPC Touch Bible 1.9' owners at a discounted price (pricing TBC) - all existing owners will get an email alert with an upgrade link.
By FrankWhite4Mayor Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm
Wouldn't mind giving that a read... Some of the recent heat is well deserved :popcorn:

MPC-Tutor wrote:
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:Purchased Tutor's book over the weekend.. Very well done, top notch! I even appreciate the subtle side-remarks laced with salty sarcasm =)

Lol, I've actually toned it down quite a bit from the original draft :)