MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Coz Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 am
Danoc wrote:Why you switched your pre order? Taking to long on the X?

Other than the wait, I needed to free up some cash for other things, but I've also been mulling over whether I really need the X since January. Its tough to justify the price difference TBH. Having used the Live, I'm convinced it'll cover my needs for now. It's far nicer than I thought it would be. 8)

I'll grab the X at some point if these machines get the support they need.
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:38 am
Me too, l was set on the X in January but switched and got tbe Live in May. I didn't spend much and got way freakin more than l bargained for. I have built my setup around my live and l am loving it.

Did you get a dusciunt on your live?

Coz wrote:
Danoc wrote:Why you switched your pre order? Taking to long on the X?

Other than the wait, I needed to free up some cash for other things, but I've also been mulling over whether I really need the X since January. Its tough to justify the price difference TBH. Having used the Live, I'm convinced it'll cover my needs for now. It's far nicer than I thought it would be. 8)

I'll grab the X at some point if these machines get the support they need.
By Coz Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:03 am
Danoc wrote:Did you get a dusciunt on your live?

Unfortunately not. I wish I'd preordered both now but I didn't know how things would pan out.

I think the Live will be a top notch sketch pad which is all I want really. Everything else will be done in Cubase.
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:35 am
Well l thought l would just do drums in my live... But that's not the case l am finding myself doing more in the and 2.0 software. The midi sequence is tight!
I do take all my stuff to Reason 9.5 and mix it and add instruments to what l made

Coz wrote:
Danoc wrote:Did you get a dusciunt on your live?

Unfortunately not. I wish I'd preordered both now but I didn't know how things would pan out.

I think the Live will be a top notch sketch pad which is all I want really. Everything else will be done in Cubase.
By zangetsu01 Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 am
Danoc wrote:
What few things you see are missing?

1) Copy & Paste in grid mode;
2) Side Chaining;
2) Select multiply audio tracks and also drag audio to a different track;
3) Full automation of audio tracks;
4) Automation in stand alone;
5) Automation of VST's in Sub busses, Returns and Master busses.
6) Route audio signal from sub bus 1 to sub bus 2 (for example).
7) Route Software Master bus output to different hardware outputs. that way you can check your mix on different monitors.

I'm sure I forgot about a few minor things but basically this is all I'm going to need to do everything with the MPC. :smoker:
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 am
Dammm Z that's a pretty nice list.

zangetsu01 wrote:
Danoc wrote:
What few things you see are missing?

1) Copy & Paste in grid mode;
2) Side Chaining;
2) Select multiply audio tracks and also drag audio to a different track;
3) Full automation of audio tracks;
4) Automation in stand alone;
5) Automation of VST's in Sub busses, Returns and Master busses.
6) Route audio signal from sub bus 1 to sub bus 2 (for example).
7) Route Software Master bus output to different hardware outputs. that way you can check your mix on different monitors.

I'm sure I forgot about a few minor things but basically this is all I'm going to need to do everything with the MPC. :smoker:
By zangetsu01 Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 am
Yeah and it would also be nice if the 2.0 software screen would not follow the modes on the hardware.
Sometimes I like tweaking stuff on the hardware but I want the 2.0 software screen to remain in track view so can easily see where I'm at on the time line.

Give us a option to switch beween:

1) 2.0 screen follows hardware screen;
2) 2.0 screen acts independent.

:smoker:

I think I'll just gonna submit all these things to the feature request thingy. :popcorn:
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:27 pm
Well if you want to tweak with 2.0 SW that option you have already. Just save the sounds, sequence , tracks etc to SD card then just open it up in 2.0 and rock out without the live.

zangetsu01 wrote:Yeah and it would also be nice if the 2.0 software screen would not follow the modes on the hardware.
Sometimes I like tweaking stuff on the hardware but I want the 2.0 software screen to remain in track view so can easily see where I'm at on the time line.

Give us a option to switch beween:

1) 2.0 screen follows hardware screen;
2) 2.0 screen acts independent.

:smoker:

I think I'll just gonna submit all these things to the feature request thingy. :popcorn:
By elogical4now Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:29 pm
Lampdog wrote:Touch aint a real mpc. Sell the touch. Get an mpc with a brain that can think
on it's own.

:worthy: Tell em how you feel son..Lol
By vanballen Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 pm
You have gear lust... feed the need m8!

And what I am really missing most in the X is record track mutes to a song... so record my play time in track mute mode.. so that is a song instead of making a lot of sequences into a song..
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:55 pm
This is a profound statement!

"Lampdog wrote:
Touch aint a real mpc. Sell the touch. Get an mpc with a brain that can think
on it's own"

The X and Live are real MPCs!
By Danoc Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:59 pm
Oh yeah that woupd be dope. On the 2000XL l use to get tired of making different sequences for song mode. Now we have the technology. Have one sequence give it a measurement length and mute out sound whete you want them. You need to tell Akia.

vanballen wrote:You have gear lust... feed the need m8!

And what I am really missing most in the X is record track mutes to a song... so record my play time in track mute mode.. so that is a song instead of making a lot of sequences into a song..