MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wes Clarke Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:41 pm
Hey Guys,

Looking at the mpc X.

From people who have bought the X, does the mpc X receive and transmit pitchbend properly from a midi controller like the akai advance, ctrl 49, etc???

I have read that the mpc live has an issue with pitchbend. This is why i have posted this question.

Thanks
By marctronixx Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:58 pm
id like to read up on this. I have the X and live and I use the x more with CV gate and midi clock but admittedly have not used much mod wheel.

i have actual real synths so id like to know exactly what issues the source is talking about so I can try to reproduce exactly.
By marctronixx Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 am
im not having those issues with the hardware products I use on the X. I can ASSume the LIVE is the same since they are the same OS and are more or less the same with regards to midi. i've the live too and i didnt try my synths on it but i could if its needed...

i have 3 hardware synths plus a desktop module-- DSI rev 2 16 voice, DSI ob-6, Roland Jupiter-80, and a Roland SE-02 (module--no keybed). I did some rough uses with pitch bend and modulation and from my ears its doing its thing....

not saying it is not an issue with others, just that it may be more or less related to certain gear.