MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Well what we can say just to stay positive our units work at least :)

That's true, The only problem I have sometimes with the X is that the Oleds above the Qlinks don't always update when switching screens. They remain stuck at the previous page untill I touch them..

Am I the only one?
By RodmanSan Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:08 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:That's true, The only problem I have sometimes with the X is that the Oleds above the Qlinks don't always update when switching screens. They remain stuck at the previous page untill I touch them..

Am I the only one?

I guess so as i do not see this problem occur on my X. :hmmm:
By FrankWhite4Mayor Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:41 pm
What's up Noc,

I chop and do the sample flips n drums in the mpc. Rest is in logic. Much easier to arrange, mix and master. Plus I can use waves etc., with no pdc problem. Also easier to record guitar & bass and vocals in logic. I run my Marshall head directly in the live or audio unit. In my opinion song mode is deficient.

Automation with q links, Track mute and doin flips within sequences is fun on-the-fly but just seems clunky to set up within different sequences for the entire song.

Do you guys do drag and drop or export the stems? Exporting yields higher quality im guessing.

Danoc wrote:Frank let me ask you. Do you need to run 2.0 in Logic? I run the 2.0 alone and when lm finished l drop all my stems in Reason so l can mix.

Whats your work flow?

FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:Would there be any benefit with respect to PDC/latency when using MPC software within Logic? More precisely, using 3rd party plugins/vsts in MPC channel-strips but running MPC itself inside Logic.
By Danoc Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:32 pm
Ok I see your setup.

I love cropping my drums within Audacity lm able to zoom in very fine to the black dots and cut 100% precisely. I have a 24 inch screen so the zooming is huge.

When I'm stacking drum sounds to make new drums l use StudioOneV3.5 and l do sound design there. It has the best headroom of any DAW l have heard. I use to use Reason but the editing window doesn't zoom as large as StudioOneV3.5.

But when l finish the main point of sound design in S1v3.5 l bring it into Reason because it has the best routing of any DAW and mixer.

I do all my mixing in Reason because l use its SSL 9000J mixer, great imulation of the real thing. I do my arrangements in Reason, l freakin love it.

My mastering is done in StudioOneV3.5. The tools it comes with is amazing.

Nowadays l do my drum pattern in the MPC live for its tight sequencer. But being Reason has improved their midi l can still use it.

Everything l have is useful and every bit of a reason to have it. Plus lm inside the box.

FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:
What's up Noc,

I chop and do the sample flips n drums in the mpc. Rest is in logic. Much easier to arrange, mix and master. Plus I can use waves etc., with no pdc problem. Also easier to record guitar & bass and vocals in logic. I run my Marshall head directly in the live or audio unit. In my opinion song mode is deficient.

Automation with q links, Track mute and doin flips within sequences is fun on-the-fly but just seems clunky to set up within different sequences for the entire song.

Do you guys do drag and drop or export the stems? Exporting yields higher quality im guessing.
By Eyalc Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 am
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:What's up Noc,

This is exactly how I work now. My last two albums were done this way. I feel the exact same way about Song Mode.
By Danoc Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am
What up Eyaic. Yeah l have no need for song mode on the MPC live, being l drop my stems in Reason to mix.

Eyalc wrote:
This is exactly how I work now. My last two albums were done this way. I feel the exact same way about Song Mode.
By Eyalc Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:58 am
What up man! Hope you been well.

Yeah I only use song mode to arrange. But mixing happens in Logic.

Man I have a Live, but I'm thinking about the X. Depends on what they do with this next update.

Danoc wrote:What up Eyaic. Yeah l have no need for song mode on the MPC live, being l drop my stems in Reason to mix.

Eyalc wrote:
By wavejockey Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 am
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:

does exporting pass through the DAC ? or is that just an educated guess?
By BBB Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 am
zangetsu01 wrote:The only problem I have sometimes with the X is that the Oleds above the Qlinks don't always update when switching screens. They remain stuck at the previous page untill I touch them..

Man that sucks
By FrankWhite4Mayor Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am
I believe I read that exporting provides the option for higher bit rate as opposed to drag and drop.

With regard to DAC I would assume that if you export at the master output it should be inclusive of the "mpc sound" aka color.

tiger001 wrote:
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:

does exporting pass through the DAC ? or is that just an educated guess?
By zangetsu01 Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 am
RodmanSan wrote:I guess so as i do not see this problem occur on my X. :hmmm:

BBB wrote:Man that sucks

From your answer I get that it's only mine.. I'll try to re-update the firmware tonight and see what happens.