MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:37 am

I've just released a free update for my tutorial book, 'The MPC X & MPC Live' with the following new features:

- EPUB & MOBI versions of the book for optimised reading experience in all ebook readers including iPads (iBooks), Nook, Kindle and smartphones.

- Linked & bookmarked 'Table of Contents' in all versions to take you instantly to the desired section of the book

- Various bug fixes

If you're not subscribed to update emails you can just download the update directly from your customer account or from the link in your original order email.

Any problems, let me know. Enjoy the update!

BTW, if you haven't got the book yet, check it out here:
http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ive-bible/
By Mr. Gallery Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 pm
This is awesome but the Table of contents is still not showing properly .

Yes you can now click on ToC from with-in the text but it does not show up on the left side like other PDF documents in Acrobat , so when you click on a chapter on the ToC you have to always return back to the top of the book , if you want to jump to another chapter and it's just not very user friendly for the reader to have to do that . It would be nice if the ToC would post on the left side of the document that way you can jump around at will . Unless I missed something this is my experience so far .
But it is nice that you can click on a chapter now .
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm
I will look into how to generate an additional 'sidebar' ToC for a future update, but TBH I'm surprised it's not already there. All the ToC links are already embedded in the master document, so I would have thought the PDF application would pick these up and just automatically list the links in the side bar.
By Danoc Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:17 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Okay I've found a way to add this manually, so I'll definitely add a link to each chapter (and to the main ToC) from the side bar.

Peace MPC Tutor, I have the 1.1 update you sent, the TOC updated, so we can scroll directly to the point we want, thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:01 pm
Just did a quick update on the Bible PDF, now has additional 'side bar' links to all chapters so you can quickly jump around the book from any location - tested in Mac 'Preview' reader ('View > Table of contents') and in Acrobat (select 'Bookmarks).

Just re-download from the original link if you need this feature :)
By Mr. Gallery Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Just did a quick update on the Bible PDF, now has additional 'side bar' links to all chapters so you can quickly jump around the book from any location - tested in Mac 'Preview' reader ('View > Table of contents') and in Acrobat (select 'Bookmarks).

Just re-download from the original link if you need this feature :)

Excellent :worthy:
Very quick of you and well done this is a game changer for me , to be able to access and jump around at will ,
Everyone please get the MPC Bible it's a true game changer :idea: I really Luv this book , lost with out it .
Hope you have other things in-store for the MPC X 8)

Thanks
Mr. Gallery
By Danoc Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 pm
The version you have is the updated version.

Congrats. Next get the video tutorial l suggested and use them together and watch yourself sore!

Klass62 wrote:Hey bro,

Downloaded the bible today, so happy I did..

How do I know if I got the updated version or how to get the free update?

Thanks for this book :!:
By Klass62 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:19 pm
Do you have the link for the video tutorial bro

Thanks D

Danoc wrote:The version you have is the updated version.

Congrats. Next get the video tutorial l suggested and use them together and watch yourself sore!

Klass62 wrote:Hey bro,

Downloaded the bible today, so happy I did..

How do I know if I got the updated version or how to get the free update?

Thanks for this book :!:
By Danoc Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hi guys - don't want to be awkward but I'm not really up for promoting tutorials from my competitors here on the forum. Feel free to do this via PM if you wish.

You're right my bad