MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:38 am
Yes sir. How are you?

On the midi page there are symbols. One looks like a plug its next to the midi icon l think. Hit it while in controller mode and it will take you to the plugins.

Do youbhave your 3rd party plugins working inside the soft2?

Wes Clarke wrote:I would prefer as little involvement with the mouse as possible.

So with the MPC X, is it possible to press a button on the hardware itself that will open the GUI of a 3rd party vst lplug in like sylenth1?

thanks
By Wes Clarke Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:59 am
Hi Danoc,

I tried that but it still doest open the GUI for any 3rd party vsts on the software side on the computer. I am using the mpc x in controller mode.

I have to manually click with the mouse in the software to open the GUI.

I remeber on the mpc ren, you could open the GUI on the computer right from the hardware
By Wes Clarke Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 am
My plan is to be inspired by the MPC X and the Akai Advance and feel like I'm not sitting in front of a computer (at least while I am trying to be creative).

I don't want to have to look at my computer monitor until I have bounced out all my tracks to mix in Nuendo.

The only way (with the MPC X) that I can open multiple instances of VIP which I can control with the Advance, is by jumping back and forth from the computer to click open the GUI and that makes the Advance initiate/open the 2nd Instance through the keyboard (instead of the mouse).

In Nuendo/Cubase or Studio One. The Advance is automatically synced to jump from one VIP Instance to another VIP instance from within the Advance itself.

We had this Open GUI Window feature before with the MPC Ren (which cost substantially less than the X). Akai can address this omission in an update on the software/firmware. They can also fix the issue with pitch bend and external midi instruments as well.

They are close to making something great. We support Akai, but we can still hold their feet to the fire to get these features that were available with the MPC Ren of 2012.

If the MPC X cost as much as the MPC Studio, then it wouldn't be disappointing to lose the window button and gain the touch screen.However, at the rate it goes for, we shouldn't be losing features.

If Akai fixed these two issues, plus added PDC and a way to do bass glide quickly Like in FL, the MPC X would be the best thing since Caller ID and Pizza...LOL

Thanks
By Danoc Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm
Wes l am going to KILL you for making me work this hard early in the morning lol

mang you can operate right from the X your plugins in controller mode cause l do it on my live so l know you can do it on the X.

FOLLOW THIS:

1. Get in controller mode, and get in the MAIN MODE (that house icon).
2. In Main mode go to TRACK. On the TRACK woth your finger hit the PLUGIN ICON (between the pad and piano icon on the X).
3. Now go down to PLUGIN PROGRAM. look to the right past MIDI CH, you will see PLUGIN <none>. You can tap it to open it or push down the Data Knob. It will open up and there sit all your Vsts!
4. Scroll through which one you want then press select or press down on the Data Knob.
5. Under the plugin you picked take your finger and tap PRESET, its under PLUGIN.
In that Preset you can scroll through the different sounds by using the Data Knob.

6. If you need to see the GUI you have to use the mouse for that only. The rest you can control from the X.

Peace.

Wes Clarke wrote:Hi Danoc,

I tried that but it still doest open the GUI for any 3rd party vsts on the software side on the computer. I am using the mpc x in controller mode.

I have to manually click with the mouse in the software to open the GUI.

I remeber on the mpc ren, you could open the GUI on the computer right from the hardware
By Danoc Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 am
Certified Beatz wrote:6. If you need to see the GUI you have to use the mouse for that only. The rest you can control from the X.

This is where i am having the problem wish we could just launch from the hardware

Yeah that would be dope if we could press something to bring up the GUI.
By vwkountz Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:46 pm
This has been requested before to create a shortcut in the MPC controller to open the plugin Gui without having to use the icon in the software. My Push has a setting for it. If not a touch button is not in the horizon :popcorn: :popcorn: a keyboard shortcut would work.