MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm
I have to say I love the unit since i real old school a lot different from Maschine.. So for my troll friend please copy and past this in the NI thread.. Dude is a cornball lol anyway I'm trying hard to forget what i learned in maschine but there software is real user friendly i will say can create a beat on the fly which i like because i have limited time.. I will say for my past experience with the MPC's this is a reboot same style which i love but hate altogether lol.. Meaning unless i'm doing something wrong and i hope that i am.. when laying down drums or sample chops my notes are not lined up of course because i'm creating a groove but in maschine you can hit quantize and it lines up the notes quickly.. I know its there I tried TC and i have it off by design how the hell to you quickly line up you notes.. I know its there and i'm learning my 90's style MPC skills again but I thought the software advanced a little just my hangup the audio engine is a beast!
By Danoc Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:06 pm
Im not comprehending what you're sayin so lma take a stab at getting what you said.
Are you trying to swing your drums on purpose? You can do that in the MPC software.

Are you trying to get on the grid? In Reason when my quantizing was off l would highlight all the midi notes hit quantize and they would fall on the grid. Accept those complex rolling notes.

On the MPC hardware and software you can get it on the grid by highlighting all the midi notes then tap (Nudge) feature and turn the data knob in either direction to put the notes on the grid. To have precise increments hold the shift buttin and turn the data knob and nudge your notes until you're on the grid.

Certified Beatz wrote:I have to say I love the unit since i real old school a lot different from Maschine.. So for my troll friend please copy and past this in the NI thread.. Dude is a cornball lol anyway I'm trying hard to forget what i learned in maschine but there software is real user friendly i will say can create a beat on the fly which i like because i have limited time.. I will say for my past experience with the MPC's this is a reboot same style which i love but hate altogether lol.. Meaning unless i'm doing something wrong and i hope that i am.. when laying down drums or sample chops my notes are not lined up of course because i'm creating a groove but in maschine you can hit quantize and it lines up the notes quickly.. I know its there I tried TC and i have it off by design how the hell to you quickly line up you notes.. I know its there and i'm learning my 90's style MPC skills again but I thought the software advanced a little just my hangup the audio engine is a beast!
By Danoc Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 am
YOU'RE NOT RIGHT YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? Lmao :lol:

marctronixx wrote:Image

LOL

By marctronixx Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 am
Katt is cool--so many memes...

im just poking fun with my boy certified.. i get that he likes the akai and hes expressing it in his own way... :smoker: :worthy:

aye certified,

where you are located? are you a young cat or old as danoc? :P :popcorn: (man im teasing dude) 8) :wink:
By Danoc Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Haaaahaa lmao

marctronixx wrote:Katt is cool--so many memes...

im just poking fun with my boy certified.. i get that he likes the akai and hes expressing it in his own way... :smoker: :worthy:

aye certified,

where you are located? are you a young cat or old as danoc? :P :popcorn: (man im teasing dude) 8) :wink: