MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By apeshake Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 pm
Thinking about getting the mpc live and started wondering if it'll be any good outdoors - anyone had experience using one of these in bright daylight? Or should i forget that and just think of it as an indoor instrument?

Thanks!
By Danoc Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 am
marctronixx wrote:direct sunlight will kill it. off angle/ shade, sunshade works.

:WTF: you mean if sunlight hits my Live its dead? :evil: :twisted: Dam Akai didn't tell us that in the Manual! :smoker: :-D
By Lampdog Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:56 am
It's common sense to not let prolonged direct sunlight hit your device screen. WTF op?

This is one of those rare times you WANT shade thrown at you.
By apeshake Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:15 am
Lampdog wrote:It's common sense to not let prolonged direct sunlight hit your device screen.

I didn't know that! What's the danger? (Really wouldn't have crossed my mind to keep it out of direct sunlight but I don't have much kit I'd take outside)
By Ill-Green Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm
You can use these things in broad daylight, just don't do it often or remain in a cool spot under a shade.

My scenerio is that its summer 24/7 here and average of 90°F everyday with the sun beaming 12 hours of the day year round. I take my Live to the little park here at around 4pm, because by then, its getting cooler and the sun is slowly setting. Under a tree, its like an air conditioner. But from 10am to 3pm, the sun is unforgivable, so I remain indoors with the Live. Its common sense really, these machines become one with you and you learn when its uncomfortable so you help it and it helps you. :mrgreen:
By Danoc Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 pm
Ummm you forgot to say and may the MPC force be with you. :mrgreen:

Ill-Green wrote:You can use these things in broad daylight, just don't do it often or remain in a cool spot under a shade.

My scenerio is that its summer 24/7 here and average of 90°F everyday with the sun beaming 12 hours of the day year round. I take my Live to the little park here at around 4pm, because by then, its getting cooler and the sun is slowly setting. Under a tree, its like an air conditioner. But from 10am to 3pm, the sun is unforgivable, so I remain indoors with the Live. Its common sense really, these machines become one with you and you learn when its uncomfortable so you help it and it helps you. :mrgreen: