MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NoidZ Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 am
Hi!

January 13th I pre-ordered my MPC X from BAX (when it was still EU1799). Today I received an e-mail for the 6th time it's going to be delayed until Week 42. It slowly drives me insane how this can happen.

Are there any Dutch people who got theirs already? And if so, when did you pre-order and where?

Many thanks in advance!
By Tripn3o3 Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:24 pm
NoidZ wrote:Hi!

January 13th I pre-ordered my MPC X from BAX (when it was still EU1799). Today I received an e-mail for the 6th time it's going to be delayed until Week 42. It slowly drives me insane how this can happen.

Are there any Dutch people who got theirs already? And if so, when did you pre-order and where?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm not Dutch but from the UK, & feeling the madness set in too! I pre-ordered from BAX UK online store in April & for a very good price.
I've still not received mine either, messaged them yesterday as the online stock status had changed from 3 days to 5 weeks.

Got an email back saying that the stock that is arriving is not allocated to BAX & that it would be sometime in October their stock would be arriving...

It's just crazy the situation as Thomman have had them & still do & so have loads of other retailers :WTF:

I could of paid for my Sequentix Cirklon & had it by now as it was my turn on the waiting list, asked Barbara to push it back to the next run nearest to January 18 which she was cool with.

I'm not gonna cancel my order as the price was too good, I'm just gonna wait it out...

Hope BAX get a surprise shipment before mid/end of October.
By NoidZ Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:
NoidZ wrote:Hi!

Many thanks in advance!

I'm not Dutch but from the UK, & feeling the madness set in too! I pre-ordered from BAX UK online store in April & for a very good price.
I've still not received mine either, messaged them yesterday as the online stock status had changed from 3 days to 5 weeks.

Got an email back saying that the stock that is arriving is not allocated to BAX & that it would be sometime in October their stock would be arriving...

It's just crazy the situation as Thomman have had them & still do & so have loads of other retailers :WTF:

I could of paid for my Sequentix Cirklon & had it by now as it was my turn on the waiting list, asked Barbara to push it back to the next run nearest to January 18 which she was cool with.

I'm not gonna cancel my order as the price was too good, I'm just gonna wait it out...

Hope BAX get a surprise shipment before mid/end of October.

I just can't imagine they don't have shipments since it's the largest retailer of it's kind in the Netherlands and I can imagine one of the biggest in the UK too.
By zangetsu01 Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 pm
I saw where it was going with Bax last month and so I canceled mine and picked mine up at Schreeven.nl. The best choice I could have made.. I won't be ordering from Baxanytime soon. I need time to heal the trust..
By vanballen Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm
I recieved mine in the Netherlands.. pre ordered somewhere in april I think.. Was at Key Music.. I even had 2 for a while because I couldnt wait any longer and DJ stunter had a few.. sold the extra one and kept the other one...
By DonnyDank Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 am
starmanwarz wrote:Many have ordered from Bax and I don't think that anyone has received theirs from them yet. It seems like they are trying to force their customers to cancel so they can sell at full price.

This is not my experience with Bax though. After pre-ordering the MPC Live i didn't have the cash for it when it was ready to ship to me. They could have thrown out my pre-order so i had to pay full price, which they didn't.
Very good company imo
By RodmanSan Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:53 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I had assumed that by now the MPC X and MPC Live would be widely available globally, but apparently not. I just checked a few UK stores and they are all still out of stock. WTF is going on? Supply issues? Hardware problems?

I think that the issue was related to the fact that the factory had to switch from making X or Live every time a batch is made ready....so not side by side.
By NoidZ Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm
Well, I bought a ton of stuff from Bax, but this is the only time things got messed up, but it got messed up kinda big time. I can imagine they are trying to get people to cancel, because it's a EU400 loss per pre-order. Now with the Live it was like EU300 I think, but I don't think it got pre-ordered as much as the X because of the Touch and people wanted to hold off waiting for reviews.

I filed a complaint though, because I really can't imagine they don't have any. It's almost impossible.
By zangetsu01 Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:26 pm
NoidZ wrote:Well, I bought a ton of stuff from Bax, but this is the only time things got messed up, but it got messed up kinda big time. I can imagine they are trying to get people to cancel, because it's a EU400 loss per pre-order. Now with the Live it was like EU300 I think, but I don't think it got pre-ordered as much as the X because of the Touch and people wanted to hold off waiting for reviews.

I filed a complaint though, because I really can't imagine they don't have any. It's almost impossible.

I agree, I also bought a lot of stuff from them. This year alone would be around 2.5K. But the way they are handling the X gave me a bad taste..
By Coz Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I just checked a few UK stores and they are all still out of stock. WTF is going on? Supply issues? Hardware problems?

Dawsons have stopped advertising the MPC X altogether! :shock: