MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ramirojota Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm
Hi people!

I'm having a problem when loading my 2500's projects into mpc live. Basically, all the samples within the programs get shifted in Pitch (about + 5 semitones), even when the pitch is not changed in program edit.

Furthermore; when I enter sample edit, the samples play at original pitch, but in the program they change to higher pitch. I have tried everything and can't get it right. I have to create new programs and it is very frustating. I would appreciatte any help! :worthy:

P.s: i have Jj os 2 on my 2500.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm
The MPC Software doesn't fully support the programs made in the newer JJOS versions, you will find there's a number of anomalies ad I don't believe there is any workaround. It's unclear whether this is a JJOS bug or a mismatch between Akai and JJOS program spec, but Akai only test the MPC Software for Akai OS compatibility (and this still isn't perfect). Also it's worth noting that JJOS2 files are not even supported in older JJOS versions, so really, if you decide to go the JJOS route, you really have to accept that you are locking those projects into the JJOS 'ecosystem'. Only JJOS free (and perhaps JJOS1) import into the MPC Software without too many issues.
By ramirojota Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The MPC Software doesn't fully support the programs made in the newer JJOS versions, you will find there's a number of anomalies ad I don't believe there is any workaround. It's unclear whether this is a JJOS bug or a mismatch between Akai and JJOS program spec, but Akai only test the MPC Software for Akai OS compatibility (and this still isn't perfect). Also it's worth noting that JJOS2 files are not even supported in older JJOS versions, so really, if you decide to go the JJOS route, you really have to accept that you are locking those projects into the JJOS 'ecosystem'. Only JJOS free (and perhaps JJOS1) import into the MPC Software without too many issues.

Thanks for the info! I'll redo the programs.
By sleepytm Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:28 am
it's gonna be trickier than just redoing programs. when you change an old track program to a new one, all notes gonna change - like pad a1 will become a2, a15 become c6, etc etc. it's not easy to correct this mess, but with <print screen> help, and <up> and <down> keys moving the whole row to another pad - you could do that.
oh, and also - all automations gonna be different, you'll need to correct them too.
By ramirojota Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm
sleepytm wrote:it's gonna be trickier than just redoing programs. when you change an old track program to a new one, all notes gonna change - like pad a1 will become a2, a15 become c6, etc etc. it's not easy to correct this mess, but with <print screen> help, and <up> and <down> keys moving the whole row to another pad - you could do that.
oh, and also - all automations gonna be different, you'll need to correct them too.

Thats true, all notes in the sequence did change. :Sigh:
Btw, what is Print screen?
By Lampdog Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Print screen button on your computer keyboard. ie, screen capture, picture of your stuff for reference.
By re201 Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 am
I noticed a similar problem while importing some older MPC1000 programs made with JJOS2XL.

Some samples were getting detuned by about 1,3 semitone up. At first I thought it might be that the samples may have a non-standard sample rate but then I verified and it also happens with standard 44,1khz samples (and when the MPC is running at 44,1 in the preferences), both in controller and standalone mode.

The problem actually seems to be related to specific pads in a drum program, as if the MPC had assigned some kind of hidden pitch offset to those pads. The samples actually have the correct pitch when you audition them in sample edit or assign them to a different pad.

I think I found a decent workaround by loading my old PGMs into the Blue Box MPC1000 editor software and re-saving them, prior to importing in the MPC Live... it seems to reset/eliminate that strange tuning offset problem....

http://webpages.charter.net/dereese/gary/akai.html

The MIDI/pad note differences between JJOS and AKAI are another story though :/ . At least the touch-screen grid editor helps a bit with that.
By ramirojota Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 am
re201 wrote:I noticed a similar problem while importing some older MPC1000 programs made with JJOS2XL.

Some samples were getting detuned by about 1,3 semitone up. At first I thought it might be that the samples may have a non-standard sample rate but then I verified and it also happens with standard 44,1khz samples (and when the MPC is running at 44,1 in the preferences), both in controller and standalone mode.

The problem actually seems to be related to specific pads in a drum program, as if the MPC had assigned some kind of hidden pitch offset to those pads. The samples actually have the correct pitch when you audition them in sample edit or assign them to a different pad.

I think I found a decent workaround by loading my old PGMs into the Blue Box MPC1000 editor software and re-saving them, prior to importing in the MPC Live... it seems to reset/eliminate that strange tuning offset problem....

http://webpages.charter.net/dereese/gary/akai.html

The MIDI/pad note differences between JJOS and AKAI are another story though :/ . At least the touch-screen grid editor helps a bit with that.

Hey thanks a lot, it worked great, and you wont believe it, but all the notes in the sequence were in order too :worthy: :worthy: :-D :-D :-D