MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mr. Gallery Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm
Yo I feel fortunate to have a brand new MPC X here ,
being that it seems people are still waiting to get there hands on it all over the world .

This instrument is amazing , built quality is state of the art , little thing that go unnoticed like the power switch
that saves you from accidentally shutting down with out saving because it asked you 1st before shut down , this
is not possible with a standard on/off switch and I think it's brillant .

I feel that Akai have addressed so many issues that it almost feel wrong to complain , I mean they really didn't hold anything back and maybe even spoiled us a little . here's a list of some of the unnoticed things that I love .

1. real time metering- , it's just dope to see the lights jumping in color thats not software based but real .

2. O-led scribble scrips- , com-on man just dope 17 of them , agin one under the real metering showing you status dope .

3. The Master/Mic-Pre knobs- feels like a pro instrument it just works with a quick grab real-time no software .

4. Front inputs and head phone monitoring - very convenient if this was a cat that would be a luxury upgrade .

5. Pad led's- don't light up the whole pad making it look like a disco floor from Dance Fever they serve a real purpose and light up around the base making the MPC X look serious and not like a toy .

6. The option to put a SSD dive inside- is crazy pimp .

7. Two usb ports- , just more pimp (means you got options )

8. Direct access from function buttons under the screen- ( just go to it )

These are just my little list of little things that add on to the dimensions of the X before we even get to the beautiful touch screen , Q-links , CV and all this stuff and we didn't even have breakfast yet . Not to mention
what I fell is the Awesome 2.0 that let you jump in and out of worlds and workflows at the touch of a button .
I luv it , luv it , luv it .

I'm no MPC expert or fanatic but this thing is dope AF .

I just wish Akai will do more pro videos showing us workflow and how to use the dam thing , tired of seeing a bunch of scrubs on you tube fronting like they the Alchemist or JD .

I thought the Video with Tim Kelly was amazing , we need more inspiration videos like that from cats who really know what there doing , Ive learned so much from that and from buying the pack awsome .

For me the MPC X is not just a instrument but a learning tool to help me achieve my goals of being a great producer in my own right by learning from some of the best in the world at it . Anybody here who just want to learn and master this thing and not just complain all the dam time ?
Anybody feel me then stand up ?
A-lot of us may have bought a MPC for the very 1st time because we were inspired by the workflow , you know a new generation who respect the history and contributions of the past .
So Akai it's up to you to help steer us in the right direction of just being dope with a MPC .
Veteran MPC users share with the new and lets all get this .
By Danoc Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:34 pm
Mr Gallery Congrats on your X bro! I am glad you are loving it, I have the Live, love that thing. Yesterday I just connected it to Reason 9.5 and it worked like a charm, I am inside the box, so it was great to have those thick pads to bang on in the Reason's sequencer.

The X is a hellava machine, hook up a mic to it or a guitar and watch the magic, the converters are very nice. I was shocked. Put up a pic of your machine let us see how happy you are ! LOL
By godlike Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm
I agree, the X has exceeded my expectations. I wish you all had a MPC X!
By zangetsu01 Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm
Today I learned that when you press the locate button you can actually set 6 favorite spots on the bars timeline to jump to with a press of a button..

This is so sweet. This way you don't have to keep fast forwarding to your favorite spots (<< >>).

Simply Love It..!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Danoc Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm
godlike wrote:I agree, the X has exceeded my expectations. I wish you all had a MPC X!

I got the X ... When l connect it to my lap top my Live becomes a beast like the X lol

The live exceeded mines. Thsts a powerful baby
By Danoc Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:57 pm
Nice. I am loving time stretch and swing its a beast.

zangetsu01 wrote:Today I learned that when you press the locate button you can actually set 6 favorite spots on the bars timeline to jump to with a press of a button..

This is so sweet. This way you don't have to keep fast forwarding to your favorite spots (<< >>).

Simply Love It..!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Certified Beatz Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 am
To be honest and im going to say it please take this as true feelings been doing this over 20 years... the X of u dont have it and thinking avoit spending over 2k .....well if i knew this before i got engaged i would have stayed single this sh!t is dope as fu$k by this thing.. im serious pure fire just get the software past beta add what maschine has then its a lock cats in perto rico loot this shit with the power out (all jokes a side hooe everone is okay in PR much love) vut loot the F out of guitar center... haha of they can get preview mode on vst and get the software up to par game over.... btw i still would stay engaged just kidding. Maybe haha!
By Danoc Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 am
Glad yall are ok in PR!
By aes-one Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 am
if my desk could fit the X, i'd have it. but the live will do just fine for now, plus the battery power is a huge plus :)

very happy with the new mpc's, i hope they continue to improve the software/firmware and eliminate all the bugs! this is my dream machine!