MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Andersfatterhat Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm
Ive tried wit both dynamic an a condenser mic but the line in signal is really low. When i turn up the gain nob it is not very gradually.. All of a sudden its way to loud and destorted.
So when i lay my vocals they get very low or much to high and crunchy..
Anyone knows if this is a bug?
I've tried both inputs.
By Danoc Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm
Get a preamp, mines was low also but again I know how to make it loud. Your problem will be solved.

Andersfatterhat wrote:Ive tried wit both dynamic an a condenser mic but the line in signal is really low. When i turn up the gain nob it is not very gradually.. All of a sudden its way to loud and destorted.
So when i lay my vocals they get very low or much to high and crunchy..
Anyone knows if this is a bug?
I've tried both inputs.
By RodmanSan Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:51 am
Did you also check the balance of the incoming sound and the sound of the X itself...?
(you know...balance knob at the front or at the top right section?)
By zangetsu01 Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 am
What I noticed is that the gain knobs have some weird pots.

When I turn them from 1 to 60 % the signal remains weak from 70 to 100% I get a good signal.
It doest work in a lineair way.
By Danoc Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 am
Correct, It does Tutor lol now the real question is he using a Live. Then he has to get a preamp.
But from the thread post he says X. He must of forgotten to turn it on. It happens.

MPC-Tutor wrote:I thought the X had a mic pre-amp built in to the main inputs? This should bring everything up to line level (make sure you turn on the phantom power if its a condensor).
By Danoc Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am
Zang l seen in youtube a few vids dudes doing vocals on the X with no problems. Ask them if you get the chance.

When l did my vocals on my live it was low but what l did was record it export it out of the live. Brought it into Reason, normalized it then stacked it and it was loud and cutting through.
The X mic setup is way btter than the live.

zangetsu01 wrote:What I noticed is that the gain knobs have some weird pots.

When I turn them from 1 to 60 % the signal remains weak from 70 to 100% I get a good signal.
It doest work in a lineair way.
By zangetsu01 Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 am
Danoc wrote:Zang l seen in youtube a few vids dudes doing vocals on the X with no problems. Ask them if you get the chance.

When l did my vocals on my live it was low but what l did was record it export it out of the live. Brought it into Reason, normalized it then stacked it and it was loud and cutting through.

I don't have problems with mine I can get loud vocals out of it. Just find it strange that the loudnes starts at 70%. :hmmm:
By zangetsu01 Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am
Living Bate wrote:

And this should be in the context of what I was saying?? Or are you just trying to be funny? :Sigh:
By Danoc Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:51 am
Thats great. Your mic go in hot. How is the clarity of the sonics when you listen to your vocals in the X?

zangetsu01 wrote:
Danoc wrote:Zang l seen in youtube a few vids dudes doing vocals on the X with no problems. Ask them if you get the chance.

I don't have problems with mine I can get loud vocals out of it. Just find it strange that the loudnes starts at 70%. :hmmm:
By Danoc Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:56 am
"Well why dont you make 10 louder? -pause..........- but it goes to 11"

CLASSIC!