MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justineastwick Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm
I went and copped the Akai MPC Live and Roland JUNO-DS88 yesterday - really excited about it!

I have been slightly confused - I'm trying to use my MPC Live and JUNO-DS88 together...

I want to use the sounds from my JUNO-DS88 and have them recorded into the MPC Live's sequencer.

Is what I'm trying to do actually possible? If I'm not mistaken, I think I'll need a MIDI cable. All help is appreciated!
By rageone Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:16 am
or try 2 cables, in&out :) this way you can tweak the juno while it just plays notes received back from the mpc... that juno thing looks like a workstation thingie tho, i think you have tons of options :)
By Smackdee Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:00 pm
rageone wrote:or try 2 cables, in&out :) this way you can tweak the juno while it just plays notes received back from the mpc... that juno thing looks like a workstation thingie tho, i think you have tons of options :)

Definitely go midi in and out, now go into the Roland midi settings and turn local off, this way it will make it your master controller as well... While your in the midi section of the Roland set it to a midi channel too,now on the MP set up midi track with that same midi channel as the Juno and off you go.....
By justineastwick Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:34 am
Smackdee wrote:
rageone wrote:or try 2 cables, in&out :) this way you can tweak the juno while it just plays notes received back from the mpc... that juno thing looks like a workstation thingie tho, i think you have tons of options :)

Definitely go midi in and out, now go into the Roland midi settings and turn local off, this way it will make it your master controller as well... While your in the midi section of the Roland set it to a midi channel too,now on the MP set up midi track with that same midi channel as the Juno and off you go.....

I assume I will need another MIDI cable for that.
By mr_debauch Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 pm
you need to hook your midi headphones to the M-adulo Pre and the Eqnioxs to the MPC Studio (I use gorilla tape in these situations) FL 12 will act like the master controllor for the sound borad so you can record everything in the computer