MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By acronym Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:17 pm
OK apologies but can someone point me in the right direction.

Now if I connect the LIve to Ableton and then use Massive etc, how do I get that audio into live?. Can it be done via usb in the software or do I need to use an audio track?

Also using the xy pad to manipulate drums and chords, however, how do I do record all of that?. Is it just a case of overdub and rec and it record all my information?. Then if so how do I turn that into an audio track so I can further slice?
By Danoc Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 pm
Your questions arr critical. Whats your setup? Can't answer if peeps don't know.

I don't use AbLive ot XY effects so l couldn't help
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 am
Connect Live to your computer and set it to controller mode.Then open Ableton and load MPC software.Now you can load Massive inside MPC Software..Easy stuff!There’s also another way if you want to use Live’s external inputs.In this case you load Massive to Ableton and set it’s output through an output of your soundcard into Live’s external input.As for recording XY movements you need to enable automation recording (W) in the upper right of the XY screen..
By acronym Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm
Just realized that mpc 2.0 is all I need for a daw as I undestand I can load massive into it and my other vsts. Exellent

Now does anyone know how do I transfer the instruments from the vault, and all the other extra software to actually the mpc live?
By Danoc Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm
Or get an extetnal hard drive connect it usb to the live and put the vault sounds on to it.
By acronym Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm
I hope someone can help and answer this for me.

Working in standalone mode and producing a beat etc, how do I then connect and then transfer the project to the software where I can carry on tinkering?

The reverse is true as well, if I use the software to start making a beat with various VST synths. How do I transfer that project to my mpc live in standalone?