MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm
I just tried editing some XYFX automation data in LIST EDIT 2.0.5 but its bugging out something chronic even after a reboot. Anyone else tried editing automation data? Problems for me include:

1) Cannot select some automation events, it just refuses to let me tap on them - can tap on events above and below but it's like that event isn't recognised
2) Cannot nudge automation (jumps to the next note event)

I'll report it if someone can confirm it isn't just me.
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:04 am
I haven't noticed those issues specifically but I haven't used the list editor for automation events in depth. This is because it does not allow you to focus on a specific parameter. For example if you have automated filter, decay, and tune on a track and want to edit just the filter events you have weed through all the automation data and its tedious AF. For note events its doable but still not optimal. As I have said they need to make it so the list editor can focus on a specific automation paramter.

I feel like because this was recently implented it will tweaked further. I'll have a go this afternoon and see if I experience what you describe.

BTW I dont even have the software installed so if you do please make the list editor suggestion to the devs.