MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vanballen Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 pm
Hey Guys,

I have a really shitty problem over here....

When I save a project on my X.. it says error saving project... Cannot save a project anywhere... I can still save programs and samples.. But no projects..

I did the firmware update ( I was still on 2.0).. No solution afterwards..

I can save on USB attached drive.. But it starts saving, then it slows down.. and it ends with the screen going in a bit darker mode... And it is stuck there..

Anyone knows this problem?

Did hard reset.. disconnect power source... Searched the internet...

I don't want to open it up and cut in it with a knife like I did with my MPC 5000..

:mrgreen:
By marctronixx Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:33 am
are you in controller or standalone mode? or a hybrid of the two?

do all the samples, sounds, etc live INSIDE the machine or are they off a thumb drive, etc?

how long have you had this machine?

did you buy it new or second hand?

has it ALWAYS happened ? or did it just start happening on this project?

the screen going dim is your screensaver activating. it will do that after X minutes of no activity form the touch screen.
By vanballen Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:48 am
marctronixx wrote:are you in controller or standalone mode? or a hybrid of the two?

do all the samples, sounds, etc live INSIDE the machine or are they off a thumb drive, etc?

how long have you had this machine?

did you buy it new or second hand?

has it ALWAYS happened ? or did it just start happening on this project?

the screen going dim is your screensaver activating. it will do that after X minutes of no activity form the touch screen.

Standalone mode.. have the x for a fee months now.. Bought it new.. all the sounds come from inside the machine.. never happened before.. the dim screen is normal.. but not normal that it gets stuck..

It is a strange problem.. because I can see all the files.. I can load all the files.. I can save files.. but only thing that gives this error is when I try to save a project on the internal memory..

As a work around I now loaded every project individually and saved it to an external disk.. So I now have secured my projects there and I can work like before from and to the external disk..

But still it feels uncomfortable that after a few months the internal memory is giving problems..

At first I thought maybe it is full.. but after deleting some large files and projects it still gave this error..
By vanballen Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 am
**** wrote:It should work properly with the onboard memory, no?

That is exactly what I am thinking.. I can work around it.. but it should work properly... but then again if I send it back it may take weeks to get it back... still no proper stock in stores (even if they would replace it directly it would take weeks or months)..

And no I did not place a hdd in it.. was no need for untill now...

And not Sure to place one it it.. Maybe just an external disk.. easier
By Tom Smeyers Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 pm
A Belgian user here ...

I have the same issue after hooking it up to my macbook for the first time.

Not able to save anymore and the projects and samples are nowhere to be found. It seems that a database file on the drive is corrupt.

Did you find any help?

Best regards,

Tom
By Danoc Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 am
Man WTF is going on. I have the Live and none of this happened to me. I have on the SD card and put it in my lap top and no problems. This is crazy
By thegrindlab Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 pm
Same happening to me. No recent firmware updates. No changes to internal data. Have not been able to save projects to internal memory for about 2 weeks now. Saves to additional drive fine though.
By Zeerunsthis Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:23 pm
Still no resolution? This happened to me too! But I can’t even save to an external drive, thumb drive or my expansion hdd I installed. This is crazy I paid too much for this machine not to beable to save my work. It happened when I plugged it in the first time to the computer to use it as a controller rather than standalone. And I had just upgraded to the new firmware 2.1, help!!
By marctronixx Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 pm
sounds like you just bought your live, so why not exchange it?

better yet contact akai and have them warranty the machine. its still under their warranty.

i dont have your problem so its not wide spread, and i have both machines.

perhaps you didnt "eject your hdd before you logged off form the software. this can cause your hdd to become unusable in standalone.

but if you have an issue even trying to save to external hdd, you have bigger issues and you should have your unit serviced.

make sure you have the latest firmware.
By Zeerunsthis Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 am
That’s another thing, my hdd has no eject option... how can I safely exit controller mode when prompted to eject drives, if my expansion hdd doesn’t not have the option to eject ? Tips?
By tbeltrans Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 am
Zeerunsthis wrote:That’s another thing, my hdd has no eject option... how can I safely exit controller mode when prompted to eject drives, if my expansion hdd doesn’t not have the option to eject ? Tips?

That seems odd to me. Though I didn't install the software on my PC, I did install the drivers. I have an internal 1 TB SSD, a 32 GB SD card, and a 128GB USB flash stick on my MPC X, and can see all three on my PC, each with the ability to eject. I always eject all three before disconnecting from my PC. The only thing I use the PC for is copying from one drive to another or to/from the PC. I don't always have the USB flash drive installed, but have tried this with all three and not had a problem.

Tony
By Zeerunsthis Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 am
maybe because it’s an ssd rather than hdd? I googled it, it seems quite common for eject to not be an option with external hdds.. I think I will just use it strictly for sample and drum storage and try to find a way to safely remove it when I exit controller mode. My main issue is still not being able to save. I’m
Gonna try what I know I’m capable of and come back tomorrow with/without success and post. Wish me
Luck
By tbeltrans Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 am
I use external SSD and am able to eject these. I have a couple of 1 TB SSD that I put in external small cabinets. The SSD I installed in my MPC X can be ejected when connected to a PC. Again though, I am not running the app, only the drivers on my PC for my MPC X.

Tony