MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Krak Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:26 pm
Peace !!! I know this was touched on slightly .
Could someone walk me through the process of removing the factory content on the mpc Live ..

Some say it's possible others say it's not ..

Any clarity would be appreciated.

Best,
K
By smellypants Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:BROWSER > INTERNAL > Single tap on 'Vault 2' > hold down SHIFT > DELETE FILE > DELETE

That should delete the entire 'Vault 2' folder. Repeat for any other folder you want gone.

If I do exactly this with The Vault 2 expansion, the Clip expansion and the Essential Instruments expansion, will I have any problems with my Live/X?

Basically the 3 factory expansions that show up in the expansion browser.

Thanks
By Monotremata Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:45 am
smellypants wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:BROWSER > INTERNAL > Single tap on 'Vault 2' > hold down SHIFT > DELETE FILE > DELETE

That should delete the entire 'Vault 2' folder. Repeat for any other folder you want gone.

If I do exactly this with The Vault 2 expansion, the Clip expansion and the Essential Instruments expansion, will I have any problems with my Live/X?

Basically the 3 factory expansions that show up in the expansion browser.

Thanks

Akai says "Dont do it". Not sure what they did on the hardware, but the software is all tied up with the content that comes with it, and it starts to do bad stuff when people start deleting it, even if its just expansion stuff. You can try it but, be ready to write to them when you need to restore everything back to the factory setup.
By 40Beatz Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:12 pm
I wouldn't do it if I were you. It'll cause Start up Issues and other Qwerks. It almost seems like The Live/X looks for the Pre-Loaded Content prior to starting up. And when its missing, it'll cause Hiccups.
My suggestion would be to Leave everything where it is, and invest in your Own Media Storage. (SD Cards/HDD/SSD/USB Sticks)

You'll Either Thank me Later, OR be Stressin Lookin back on this post saying "What The Hell Is Wrong With My Unit" :lol:
By Bezo Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Any chance there's something similar to get expansions from the internal drive to my installed SSD?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm
Bezo wrote:

Any chance there's something similar to get expansions from the internal drive to my installed SSD?

You can't move files around in the browser, but you can download all the factory expansions from your akaipro account, install them on your computer and use the MPC Software 'export expansion' tool to export them to your SSD.
By Bezo Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You can't move files around in the browser, but you can download all the factory expansions from your akaipro account, install them on your computer and use the MPC Software 'export expansion' tool to export them to your SSD.
Figured. I was trying to be lazy.
By SPL10 Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:01 pm
I would definitely recommend not doing this ... I had endless problems after doing so ... glitchy sequencing , poor midi timing and I was unable to access external drives etc.
By DeaDeus Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 am
smellypants wrote:Alright thanks for the advise guys.

I do wish there was a way to have them not show up in the expansion browser at least :cry:

Yes - a customizable library screen at start would be highly professional. Looking into how AKAI set-up the templates might be interesting for MPCX/Live newbies - but for me it would be more interesting to manage my last projects from the start-screen. I assume this counts for others too.

But this is now off-topic - sorry!
By justineastwick Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:50 pm
I wish they'd address this. I didn't care for the sounds that came with the MPC Live, so I deleted them. I wanted to just slowly add my own sounds. The only issue I have is that the user templates don't load properly when you start the MPC Live up. Not a huge issue, but I'd really like it to load up my templates when I turn it on. Make me feel like it's my MPC Live... Let me access my files the way I did with my MPC 1000. I don't feel a connection to my MPC Live the way I felt with my MPC 1000. I'd name my files like "XX-XX" on my MPC 1000 and people wouldn't know what it was... Only I did. LOL, I'm getting carried away now.
By DeaDeus Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:59 pm
justineastwick wrote:..... Not a huge issue, but I'd really like it to load up my templates when I turn it on. Make me feel like it's my MPC Live...

nope - I don't think you get carried away, as you say. it is precisely correct: we should be able to use this system the way we use it (...still reluctant calling it an instrument)
By Scott Righteous Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 pm
My instinct was to delete the factory content as well. However I remember reading somewhere that doing so doesn't free up any usable space. So there isn't any advantage to it. Other than keeping things tidy.

I'm going to go looking for that info.