MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kaydigi Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm
John Vandenberghe wrote:I am planning on sequencing reason rack from the mpc live, like I used to my hardware rack from my old mpc.
And then tracking everything out to my daw for mixing.
Is anyone else doing it that way?
Thx

I do it this way sometimes . I did this mainly with my Mpc 1000 years ago.
By Danoc Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 am
Will do

dnkygirl wrote:Hello,

Could you please describe in detail how your setup to run the mpc vst plugin inside reason 10? I just purchased a mpc touch and i can see mixer vol levels and sound, but i'm unable to record. Are you controlling reason from your live? If so how are you setup? there's just no documentation available for how to use the vst in Reason. I have opened tickets with Akai and no one will return my responses. I have been a reason user for a long time and wanted to change up my workflow with the mpc touch. These problems are not what i had in mind and i'm getting to the point where i'm about to call sweetwater and send the gear back. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!
By Danoc Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:42 am
Oj the method you want l have it. I have to makr a video of it instead of typing it. That's to much. I will do it tomorrow night and up load it to Youtube Friday afternoon.

Peace.

dnkygirl wrote:Hello,

Could you please describe in detail how your setup to run the mpc vst plugin inside reason 10? I just purchased a mpc touch and i can see mixer vol levels and sound, but i'm unable to record. Are you controlling reason from your live? If so how are you setup? there's just no documentation available for how to use the vst in Reason. I have opened tickets with Akai and no one will return my responses. I have been a reason user for a long time and wanted to change up my workflow with the mpc touch. These problems are not what i had in mind and i'm getting to the point where i'm about to call sweetwater and send the gear back. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!
By Certified Beatz Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:06 pm
Sup danoc.. fist off Christmas to you and you family.. nezt i haven't been using reason lately been crearing alot of sample based production using and using kontakt.. looking to dive into reason now as a primary tool dor the next fee months.. i saw your video.. im looking to use both softwares together if possible with midi clock on windows OS.. have you tried this if not i beleive i can using my mpc x in standalone.. need a refresher i never have 4 hours to sit and learn always on the go.. also wish propellerhead or akai would make a tutorial for this..i have reason vst but i dont like it that much waste of 30 beans... i want to sequence drums and samples in the mpc and then dump to reason

Thanks
By Danoc Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:38 pm
Peace CB, happy holidays to you and yours and fam.

With the intro of Vsts/i in Reason 9.5 l don't go into Studio One 3 that much but l will though. Reason 10 is my primary recording, mixing, arranging and sound designing new sounds. The routing is ridiculous and the things l have is like what no other has and that's my advantage. I do my mastering in S1v3 though the tools it has is crazy.

As far as using Reason 10 with the live using MTC or Midi Clock etc lm not using that. My purpose for getting the Live was to get away from that and extra cables.

Bouncing stems and drag and drop into Reason is easy peasy for me. I work a lot faster.

Certified Beatz wrote:Sup danoc.. fist off Christmas to you and you family.. nezt i haven't been using reason lately been crearing alot of sample based production using and using kontakt.. looking to dive into reason now as a primary tool dor the next fee months.. i saw your video.. im looking to use both softwares together if possible with midi clock on windows OS.. have you tried this if not i beleive i can using my mpc x in standalone.. need a refresher i never have 4 hours to sit and learn always on the go.. also wish propellerhead or akai would make a tutorial for this..i have reason vst but i dont like it that much waste of 30 beans... i want to sequence drums and samples in the mpc and then dump to reason

Thanks
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:24 am
I'm sure you can do it.

The X you have 8 outs and Live you have 6 outs. Going into your interface and out your interface into your computer. Midi out/in of the MPC Live/X to the computer. Then setting up the Live/X MCC and MPC within and using midi cables from one source to another.

CB which one you plan on making the Master and Slave? I thought l saw some complaints about the MPCs having issues syncing up :hmmm:
I don't know l didn't keep up cause it doesn't affect me. :mrgreen:

Certified Beatz wrote:Okay .. thanks for the input trying to develop a workflow with both reason and mpc 2.0.. sounds like i got to spend more time with it...
By Danoc Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm
If you're using the X/Live with Reason and you are looking for markers, I use a technic that works. Its a work around but it works.

By jrm1200 Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:50 pm
Danoc wrote:Peace CB, happy holidays to you and yours and fam.

With the intro of Vsts/i in Reason 9.5 l don't go into Studio One 3 that much but l will though. Reason 10 is my primary recording, mixing, arranging and sound designing new sounds. The routing is ridiculous and the things l have is like what no other has and that's my advantage. I do my mastering in S1v3 though the tools it has is crazy.

As far as using Reason 10 with the live using MTC or Midi Clock etc lm not using that. My purpose for getting the Live was to get away from that and extra cables.

Bouncing stems and drag and drop into Reason is easy peasy for me. I work a lot faster.
i

Thanks
[/quote]

Hello and thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the world! I always struggled to maximize the use of reason with my 2kxl as I have never been a big computer person. I am about to grab an X and believe I want to use it the way you described but am not sure.

My friend has been showing me some stuff reason 10 can do and it seems interesting. Basically, I want to be able to sample on the x, use reason effects on the sample and put it back in the Mpc to sequence, chop, etc. Then finally dump all files into reason for final mixing. Does that make sense?

What would be the best way to transfer files back and forth from reason to Mpc and back? I also have USB mixer if that helps.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks,
J
By Danoc Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:51 am
Peace JRM1200

hey no need to apologize you did nothing wrong.

I will help if l can and share.

Ive been using Reason since 3. Reason basically saved my music life. Where Protools failed Reason gave me life again.
I had a 2000XL, l had a hardware set up. I use to try and track out from my 2000XL to Protools and it never worked right.
I got rid of both and stuck with Reason because it had hardware modules and the formats is off the chain. Reason 10 is like a blessing and to use it with the Live is just wonderful.

Im strictly inside the box. I have no more outboard gear. I have a couple of ways to produce my music. I love making drum patterns on the Live then bounce those drums to a usb stick. Then put it into Reason 10 by drag and drop. Put my sounds on top then arrange and mix in R10. Done deal.

But if you do it they way you want then you can do it.

The best way to transfer files? Imo l use bouncing stems or export back and forth from The X/Live to Reason.

jrm1200 wrote:Hello and thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the world! I always struggled to maximize the use of reason with my 2kxl as I have never been a big computer person. I am about to grab an X and believe I want to use it the way you described but am not sure.

My friend has been showing me some stuff reason 10 can do and it seems interesting. Basically, I want to be able to sample on the x, use reason effects on the sample and put it back in the Mpc to sequence, chop, etc. Then finally dump all files into reason for final mixing. Does that make sense?

What would be the best way to transfer files back and forth from reason to Mpc and back? I also have USB mixer if that helps.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks,
J
By jrm1200 Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:26 am
Danoc wrote:Peace JRM1200

Ive been using Reason since 3. Reason basically saved my music life. Where Protools failed Reason gave me life again.
I had a 2000XL, l had a hardware set up. I use to try and track out from my 2000XL to Protools and it never worked right.
I got rid of both and stuck with Reason because it had hardware modules and the formats is off the chain. Reason 10 is like a blessing and to use it with the Live is just wonderful.

Im strictly inside the box. I have no more outboard gear. I have a couple of ways to produce my music. I love making drum patterns on the Live then bounce those drums to a usb stick. Then put it into Reason 10 by drag and drop. Put my sounds on top then arrange and mix in R10. Done deal.

The best way to transfer files? Imo l use bouncing stems or export back and forth from The X/Live to Reason.

J
[/quote]

Thanks bro! I had the 2kxl with PT set up and it always frustrated the hell out of me. When I saw the x and what it can do I got excited. Will be grabbing one in a few weeks. I’m sure I’ll be here for more help!

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

J
By Danoc Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 pm
Yeah, when you grab the MPC X, Grab MPC Tutor's Bible Tutorial for the X/Live, trust me you will need it. He does a very great job so it will help you learn your X fast.

Yeah bro I had the MPC 2000xl and PT combo and it was terrible. The MPC 2000xl is a beast that wasn't the problem, PT was glitchy in Le and MBox standard. Then I got into Reason and never turned back.

Reason 10 is super easy to use and record in and making music and mixing! The New things it has in it is nuts, I love using the SSL9000K emulation board to mix ALL my tracks. If I'm not on the real SSL I use Reason's SSL You get the convolution reverb RV7000MK2, it wasn't convo before, you will love that. It just has so many effects its crazy, you can't go wrong with the combo of the X.

What the X/Live can do I use to want it for the 2000xl but that wasn't happening so I waited from 2012 to 2017 and my prayers have been answered.

jrm1200 wrote:
Danoc wrote:Peace JRM1200

J

Thanks bro! I had the 2kxl with PT set up and it always frustrated the hell out of me. When I saw the x and what it can do I got excited. Will be grabbing one in a few weeks. I’m sure I’ll be here for more help!

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

J[/quote]
By Danoc Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 am
Same to you :smoker:

Ill-Green wrote:Word up, a fist off
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!! :mrgreen: :nod: :mrgreen: