MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:43 pm
Peace, The combination of the Live and Reason 10 is BANANAS! Is anyone using both? Let me know your experience. My experience is with the Grain, I don't know what in the hell Props were thinking but they got a beast on their hands! The Klang and Humana is sick. I like to take some of the Humana voices put it on a pad and just go bananas!

Reason 10 is faster with the VSTs also, they load up crazy fast and don't hurt the CPU, this is a great day, I never thought I would see this, that's why it's my first go to, then Studio One 3.

Open up the 2.5 Akai software in Reason and bang out the drums in that baby and it's nuts!

Props :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By Danoc Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 am
Yes sir!!! Im still having trouble down loading Pangea, lll try tomorrow.

That Grain is the best joint for Props. Its impeccable how it takes anything get out the chunks and make grains then put those grains together to make a unique sound is bananas. I have a feeling that's going to get used a lot. Im glad sound Iron got with them those sounds are so crisp and clean its ridiculous.

So your plan is to not be standalone with the X?

I love being standalone when doung the drums. But l can also do tight drums in Reason and just kill it.

kaydigi wrote:Grain manipulator is incredible, having fun loading up the MPC VST and sending it to get mangled.. If akai releases an MPC X controller i'll get rid of the Live and just stay tethered to the PC/MAC.
By Cockdiesel Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 am
That granular program is cool. I keep trying more and more, have the basics down with working with computers, but I just can’t into it like a hardware sampler or synth. There is a hardware granular coming out by tasty chips. I think the reason program might offer more depth but both are really cool. I have a lot to learn with my setup before I add anything new, but I will keep my eye on this stuff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844778849/gr-1-granular-synthesizer
By Danoc Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 am
Yo that's cool your with your daughter. I do that with my daughters they msde the weekend our night out. They make me cook too lol.

I talked you into it? So you're blaming that on me? Lmao lol :lol:

MPC live And Reason 10 is a bad arse combo.

I play some dope chords then drag and drop them in Grain OMG! My singer asjed "How the f**k did you get that sound " lol that has changed the game.

Certified Beatz wrote:Just purchased you talked me into it going to download after a movir with my daughter
By aortan Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:16 pm
Also messing with the reason 10 trial. It's pretty cool! :)
So you are recording the audio from reason into the MPC live via a plugin?
Or into the MPC software, when the Live is in controller mode?
By Danoc Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 pm
That's nice. If l was into hardware l'd hop on that. It looks really nice. But l love the one in Reason l don't have to spend $799 to get that piece when got it in Reason 10 for free.
That would be great for you CB.

Cockdiesel wrote:That granular program is cool. I keep trying more and more, have the basics down with working with computers, but I just can’t into it like a hardware sampler or synth. There is a hardware granular coming out by tasty chips. I think the reason program might offer more depth but both are really cool. I have a lot to learn with my setup before I add anything new, but I will keep my eye on this stuff.

By Danoc Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:22 pm
Lmao. Yo did you down load it yet?

Certified Beatz wrote:Not another peice of gear lol software nice because you can hide them in the electric Brain.. get what i mean hahah
By Danoc Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 pm
Wat up Aortan.
Oh nah, l do my drums in Live software export them and drag and drop into Reason. That's my work flow. Doing it the way you said would do me no good being l mix in Reason.

aortan wrote:Also messing with the reason 10 trial. It's pretty cool! :)
So you are recording the audio from reason into the MPC live via a plugin?
Or into the MPC software, when the Live is in controller mode?
By Danoc Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:41 pm
Im loving Reason 10 its tighter than R9.5. Delay Compensation , all you do is turn it on in the lower right screen, handles 2.5 software well. Routing in Rrason is sick, always has been and gptten sicker.
By Cockdiesel Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:31 am
Danoc wrote:That's nice. If l was into hardware l'd hop on that. It looks really nice. But l love the one in Reason l don't have to spend $799 to get that piece when got it in Reason 10 for free.
That would be great for you CB.

Cockdiesel wrote:That granular program is cool. I keep trying more and more, have the basics down with working with computers, but I just can’t into it like a hardware sampler or synth. There is a hardware granular coming out by tasty chips. I think the reason program might offer more depth but both are really cool. I have a lot to learn with my setup before I add anything new, but I will keep my eye on this stuff.

Not at the moment. It’s interesting for sure, but I’m trying to downsize some and move some stuff in the box. Trying to get rid of a bunch of synths and mainly use the computer and the asr-10 for synth sounds. I think the direction I’m heading that the granular software would really get interesting with the asr in terms of patch designing. I keep finding deals on craigslist and ebay when I’m trying to offload stuff though so it’s making it hard, lol.
By Certified Beatz Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:36 am
Danoc wrote:Lmao. Yo did you down load it yet?

Certified Beatz wrote:Not another peice of gear lol software nice because you can hide them in the electric Brain.. get what i mean hahah

Yeaast night installed all the additional software on launch around 3 am.. loads fast getting my feet wet know .. good promo i was gonna wait a few months.. worth the upgrade might make it my main software for the next 4 months.. killer.. and no im not gonna by another peice of hardware anythime soon lol