MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:09 pm
Well you hold it right there buddy lmao lol

The makers of beat thang got its stuff from software programs like Logic, Protools and Reason who were already exporting and bouncing stems. I was exporting out if Reason before Beat thang came out. That's what made me drop the 2000XL. So...

The battery part you have a case.

The beat thang took a lot of enhancements from the MPC!!! And took the pad structure if the ARS10-DRUM-MACHINE lol so don't you go there with me budfy lol Just kidding. :lol:

MPCWeapon1 wrote:Yeah Beat Thang has all that. It’s own software, a lithium battery, you can export stems...actually DLPeace suggested all those enhancements for the MPC touch and now we have the MPC Live which has a lot of the Beat Thang features that DLPeace suggested.

I only mentioned Beat Thang because everybody on this forum(including me) was laughing at it, and now you all are raving about the Live for having those exact Beat Thang features.
By Danoc Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 pm
That's how it us the few terrible memesses up the major good.

I haven't had no major problems with the Live. The one that l did it was my fault listening to an Akai misrepresention video. Others telling me its the blue cord :WTF: Come to find out it wasn't the blue cord l didnt install the correct drivers. How l found that out was l used two different vords and got the same reaction.

Crazyeddie wrote:Why do the people who criticize the live always look to the few who are dissatisfied with the product to make there points instead of focusing on the overwhelming majority who love this new machine. The machine is built very well in my opinion.
By Crazyeddie Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:19 pm
No maybe Akai should make some videos showing how great it is. We are just having a good old fashion sampler discussion! Exchanging ideas and opinions. But on a serious note I would just like for people to acknowledge the good also and not just the bad.

SlowwFloww wrote:
Crazyeddie wrote:As some one who has owned and used the sp 1200 and currently still uses a mpc 3000 I would honestly say that yes the live is better then both those maschines.

..And as far as the cpu I have had almost no issues. No lag no slow load up nothing.

Well thats good to hear... Like I said I've never used a MPC Live.. But it's because of users complaining and posting videos about bugs that I get the impression that the Live has problems..

Maybe you guys should make more videos to show us and let us hear what a great machine it is :wink:
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 pm
Danoc wrote:Well you hold it right there buddy lmao lol

The makers of beat thang got its stuff from software programs like Logic, Protools and Reason who were already exporting and bouncing stems. I was exporting out if Reason before Beat thang came out. That's what made me drop the 2000XL. So...

The battery part you have a case.

The beat thang took a lot of enhancements from the MPC!!! And took the pad structure if the ARS10-DRUM-MACHINE lol so don't you go there with me budfy lol Just kidding. :lol:

MPCWeapon1 wrote:Yeah Beat Thang has all that. It’s own software, a lithium battery, you can export stems...actually DLPeace suggested all those enhancements for the MPC touch and now we have the MPC Live which has a lot of the Beat Thang features that DLPeace suggested.

I only mentioned Beat Thang because everybody on this forum(including me) was laughing at it, and now you all are raving about the Live for having those exact Beat Thang features.

I’m talking about the standalone hardware being able to do that.
By Crazyeddie Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:23 pm
I won’t lie I had a couple of crashes early on where the mpc would freeze reboot and then state that it has recovered from a critical error.
But that was early on running the early os. Since then it has been pretty damn stable.

Danoc wrote:That's how it us the few terrible memesses up the major good.

I haven't had no major problems with the Live. The one that l did it was my fault listening to an Akai misrepresention video. Others telling me its the blue cord :WTF: Come to find out it wasn't the blue cord l didnt install the correct drivers. How l found that out was l used two different vords and got the same reaction.

Crazyeddie wrote:Why do the people who criticize the live always look to the few who are dissatisfied with the product to make there points instead of focusing on the overwhelming majority who love this new machine. The machine is built very well in my opinion.
By Danoc Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 pm
I had to post this profound thing this guy said. Dam profound!

By Danoc Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 pm
Someone said the Live doesn't have punch like the 2000XL. That's. A lie.
The Live is nice and clean what you put in is what comes out. But........
Can it give you punch? It can l have done it. You can set your MPC Live on 4 modes.
1. 3000 (punch)
2. 60 (punch)
3. SP1200
4. SP1200 Ring (adds dirt and grit).

So Thats the wrong info for someone to give out.
My vid shows this and l got that record popping in it and l put it there. I had my machine on 3000 setting.

By richie Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm
Whenever I see Danoc respond, the way he quotes full page paragraphs the opposite of everyone else makes me feel like I'm on a geocities site in 1998.
By Danoc Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Lmao :lol: what up Richie how you bro?

richie wrote:Whenever I see Danoc respond, the way he quotes full page paragraphs the opposite of everyone else makes me feel like I'm on a geocities site in 1998.
By Smackdee Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm
Danoc wrote:I had to post this profound thing this guy said. Dam profound!

That's just opinion and preference :Sigh: to me but if it's "profound" to you OK...
By Smackdee Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 pm

They just don't sound like this to me sorry, and your absolutely right it's clean, like a "DAW" the emulations of the legacy MPC's is well just an emulation.... One thing I can totally agree with is tracking out, I didn't have your problems but it was a pain never the less and I hated doing it...
By Coz Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 pm
Smackdee wrote:They just don't sound like this to me sorry

Like a cheap camera recording the sound of low end monitors? I should hope not! :lol: