MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BradyStillman Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 am
So I’m looking to get one of these mpc’s but I am unsure of which one. I was initially going to get the mpc live because of many other mpc’s I saw that needed to be used on a computer or additional software. Then I noticed the Mpc 2000xl and saw that it was that it seemed to be a great mpc as well with lots more tracks. I just wanted some people opinions on which go get.

To note:
-The live’s portability is nice but not a necessity
-While I don’t want to blow money, price isnt an issue since I just want the best mpc.
-Also if the mpc live’s software is good and has good flow.
-If the sampling on the 2000xl is good or average
-Cuz I plug in a midi keybord to the 2000xl? It’s usb.
-Lastly I don’t have constant access to a computer but I could use I could if it was just to get samples and stuff, just not for like a whole beat session.

Thank you for your help :worthy:
By mrcrappypantson Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:40 am
Oh man, I don’t have the drive to go into detail but someone here will. I’ll tell you this though, they’re both EXCELLENT machines. I’ve had an xl and miss it sometimes. The Live too is pretty great and has all the modern amenities one would want.
By Danoc Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 am
I won't go deep there's to much to write.

I love the 2000XL that machine held me down. It taught me how to arrange a song just on it and how to play on time.
Any 2000XL you get will be used they don't make them anymore so you gotta trust on the used issue.
Plus the 2000XL is old technology.

The Live is modern, its a drum machine , computer and DAW all in one. Things you had to do manually on the 2000XL you can do on the Live with a click of the button.

You get the best of both worlds, standalone and DAW software. I say get the Live if money isn't an option.

BradyStillman wrote:So I’m looking to get one of these mpc’s but I am unsure of which one. I was initially going to get the mpc live because of many other mpc’s I saw that needed to be used on a computer or additional software. Then I noticed the Mpc 2000xl and saw that it was that it seemed to be a great mpc as well with lots more tracks. I just wanted some people opinions on which go get.

To note:
-The live’s portability is nice but not a necessity
-While I don’t want to blow money, price isnt an issue since I just want the best mpc.
-Also if the mpc live’s software is good and has good flow.
-If the sampling on the 2000xl is good or average
-Cuz I plug in a midi keybord to the 2000xl? It’s usb.
-Lastly I don’t have constant access to a computer but I could use I could if it was just to get samples and stuff, just not for like a whole beat session.

Thank you for your help :worthy:
By Living Bate Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:48 pm
BradyStillman wrote:price isnt an issue since I just want the best mpc.

go for the X in that case

By BradyStillman Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:43 pm
While the Live has newer amenities it seems that the 2000xl works just as well and flows better. As for being modern people like Kanye still use it and make fresh ass beats. For perspective.
By starmanwarz Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:53 pm
BradyStillman wrote:While the Live has newer amenities it seems that the 2000xl works just as well and flows better. As for being modern people like Kanye still use it and make fresh ass beats. For perspective.

Have you been at Kanye's studio recently? Is Kim cooking any beats?
By Lampdog Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm
BradyStillman wrote:...people like Kanye.....

You lost me right then and there.

Use your own perspective. **** what people think.
By JUKE 179r Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm
Living Bate wrote:Image

tf is up with that wack ass janky iPad screenshot? :lol:
By BradyStillman Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:14 pm
Lampdog wrote:
BradyStillman wrote:...people like Kanye.....

You lost me right then and there.

Use your own perspective. **** what people think.

Well I just noticed in videos where he used it that the workflow is really nice and he is able to use midi synths so easily. And yes, Kim makes mad beats.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm
I’ll put it like this.

If you’re looking for a dedicated drum machine and sequencer for other outboard gear the MPC 3000 or 2000XL. Even the MPC 2500 with JJOS. The drums won’t sound as full as the 3K and 2Kxl though.

If you’re looking for a great Drum Machine/ Great Advanced Sampler with detailed sound the MPC 4000.

If you make a lot of beats from scratch as well as sample..... the X or the Live.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:53 pm
Is asking
Live vs 2kxl even fair?

One of them is not even a full fledged sampler.
By Smackdee Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 pm
Lampdog wrote:Is asking
Live vs 2kxl even fair?

One of them is not even a full fledged sampler.

I would say no, it's like 20 years of technology between the two.. A better comparison would be the Live vs 1000/2500 with jjos....
By richie Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:29 pm
How is Dos 1.0 in comparison to Windows 10?
By Certified Beatz Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:23 am
Okay playstation 1 was nice then the new playstation came out which one is better really.. we are talking almost 20 years u can answer that your self

X!

By Danoc Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:29 am
I agree. I love the 2000XL but l had to move forward with my work flow.

Living Bate wrote: Get the X if money aint a problem