MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Nelson_Baboon Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 am
It can get very bright in here during the afternoon, and I'm finding that it's almost impossible to read the screen at those times. I haven't been able to find any way to adjust the brightness or contrast of the display? Is this possible?
By marctronixx Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 am
there's a day and night mode. choose one that suits your needs.

most likely the screens on the LIVE are of a certain Nit /luminance level and are not able to be physically made brighter. Besides, if you have a screen that can go , say 2000 nits, the battery would go flat within 2-3 hours.

Akai made the best COMPROMISE WRT screen brightness and overall battery longevity.
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm
marctronixx wrote:there's a day and night mode. choose one that suits your needs.

most likely the screens on the LIVE are of a certain Nit /luminance level and are not able to be physically made brighter. Besides, if you have a screen that can go , say 2000 nits, the battery would go flat within 2-3 hours.

Akai made the best COMPROMISE WRT screen brightness and overall battery longevity.

X has no battery.. :mrgreen:
By Nelson_Baboon Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm
hah. Well I am brand new to this thing.

I had looked on the hardware preferences page several times, but what hadn't occurred to me was that if I scrolled down there would be more options. The day mode is MUCH brighter. it might be a few days until I can test this during the brightest hours, but I think this will solve it.
By marctronixx Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 am
:WTF:

i didn't read the subject line of the ops post. i thought he/she was referring to the live. :Sigh:

my bag..

still. the live and X are built on the same line with similar hardware (bigger screen on the X of course). inmusic were not going to make one screen/unit have contrast/brightness controls and leave that out on another., so my post is kinda on topic a lil bit.. :nod: :smoker:

zangetsu01 wrote:
X has no battery.. :mrgreen:
By Danoc Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 am
Simple. Decor! Invest in some Curtains!

Nelson_Baboon wrote:It can get very bright in here during the afternoon, and I'm finding that it's almost impossible to read the screen at those times. I haven't been able to find any way to adjust the brightness or contrast of the display? Is this possible?
By ringmaker Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:03 am
Danoc wrote:Simple. Decor! Invest in some Curtains!

Nelson_Baboon wrote:It can get very bright in here during the afternoon, and I'm finding that it's almost impossible to read the screen at those times. I haven't been able to find any way to adjust the brightness or contrast of the display? Is this possible?

or shades 8)
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm
Lmao lol you are crazy

ringmaker wrote:

or shades 8)[/quote]