MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 pm
Holy sh..... :worthy:

Dam. Hope is a motha!

Im so glad l asked this question.

Now l can get a 49 or 61 of my choice. Hell might keep my Yam that l habe now. Im on this. Thank you

tapedeck wrote:somebody - korg or yamaha - makes midi adapters that you can plug into any keyboard and they output bluetooth.

found it - yamaha MD-BT01.
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 pm
How was the keys on the Akai Advance? Was it springy or that semi action feel? I cant do the springy plastic feel.

Yeah lma look into this. Right up my alley

Im going to get a new desk top 8 core 64 gig ram 64 bit the works. This time it will have Wifi and Bluetooth on it. My vision now for myself is sweet.
Cockdiesel wrote:Damn that adapter is very tempting for the asr.
Danoc I'd look into one of them if you want full size bluetooth. I imagine if you wait a few months there will be full size offerings from top brands. I really like the akai advance series when I had one, but no blue tooth on them. Not sure how the ui would work with reason but it could be set up to give it more of a "standalone" feel.
By Cockdiesel Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Honestly they felt “springy” like most keyboards I’ve owned but had a stiffness to them I actually liked. I haven’t owned anything that gave the same feeling a piano offers, and I’m not much of a keyboard player, so I wouldn’t be the best to give an opinion. I’m sure there is a Sam ash or gc that you could try one out at in New York. They worked good more me, but the vip software seems like it could be really cool with vsts and such. That’s more of what I was trying to point out. Keybed wise it might suck, but it worked decent for me. They can all run off of usb power too.
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 pm
Im not in new York anymore l've moved to NC : -) yeah l play keys . stiff keys are good for that fingering touch you need. My Yamaha KX l have now is semi weighted action. But hammer action keys l really love that feel. My Korg Trinity had a beautiful feel. Ima search around and find one to my liking.

Cockdiesel wrote:Honestly they felt “springy” like most keyboards I’ve owned but had a stiffness to them I actually liked. I haven’t owned anything that gave the same feeling a piano offers, and I’m not much of a keyboard player, so I wouldn’t be the best to give an opinion. I’m sure there is a Sam ash or gc that you could try one out at in New York. They worked good more me, but the vip software seems like it could be really cool with vsts and such. That’s more of what I was trying to point out. Keybed wise it might suck, but it worked decent for me. They can all run off of usb power too.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 am
Trinity and ASR10 have good keybed feel imo. Triton extreme feel like that but a lil lighter.
By Danoc Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 am
Indeed. Plus l love the pitch bend type of the Trinity l hate the wheel pitch bend. I can't get use to it. I gotta get something to complete my taste.

Lampdog wrote:Trinity and ASR10 have good keybed feel imo. Triton extreme feel like that but a lil lighter.
By marctronixx Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm
Those adapters introduce some latency so buyer beware if you are concerned about that...
By Danoc Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 am
l wonder who has those adapters abd tell me uf thete is latency or not
By tapedeck Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 am
Danoc wrote:l wonder who has those adapters abd tell me uf thete is latency or not

there is latency - there always will be with something digital and especially wireless.

why dont you buy them and then tell us what you think, return them if you don't like them?

its going to depend entirely on your setup and what you can handle.
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 am
Im inside the box. I was going to use it with my Live thats my setup. Not going to buy anything just to to test it out especially when there are no 49 or 61 keyboards. Ill stick to me miding up my keyboard to the live.

tapedeck wrote:
Danoc wrote:l wonder who has those adapters abd tell me uf thete is latency or not

there is latency - there always will be with something digital and especially wireless.

why dont you buy them and then tell us what you think, return them if you don't like them?

its going to depend entirely on your setup and what you can handle.
By 40Beatz Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:11 pm
Im feeling that Bluetooth Adaptor!
By lordradish Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:09 pm
Wait a sec... have any of you successfully been able to use a wireless Bluetooth midi keyboard with your live in standalone mode? I didn't think that was possible, without going through some other interface, first.
Bymember04959388 Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:16 pm
Man, get a Arturia Keystep and forget about bluetooth.
It has very good quality dynamic keys, its cheap (I got it for 70 dollars used) and light and I never had any issue with that connected to Mpc with usb.
With other keyboards I had to unplug and plug again, and the keys didn't have same quality