MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 am
Peace, what's the best midi keyboard with Bluetooth out right now? 49 or 61 key will do. Wanna rock it with the live.

Oh and pitch bend that goes straight across not up and doen wheel. Thanks
By Danoc Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 am
Dam Roland got a midi keyboard in Bluetooth? Who knew. Thanks

d2ba wrote:Get the Roland A-01K (Future classic)
By Lampdog Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 am
Danoc wrote:That's dope but l want teal keys

Thanks

Just paint em.
By Smackdee Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 am
Aren't most of those BT boards tiny as ish? I've definitely never seen a 61 key, might be tho haven't really paid them much attention..
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 am
Well if they are tiny l can't deal. 49 to 61. My fingers are to big to deal with mini keyboards. That's messed up there are none bigger if that's the case. I hope not.

Smackdee wrote:Aren't most of those BT boards tiny as ish? I've definitely never seen a 61 key, might be tho haven't really paid them much attention..
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am
I'm not aware of any full size wireless keyboard controllers, they are all mini keys, but Korg do one with 49 or 61 (mini) keys

https://www.amazon.com/Korg-microKEY-ai ... B018ATKMFK

I've not tried the action, but I assume it's a bouncy 'synth' action (with springs rather than weights). I'm probably going to buy something today just to have on my desk and carry round with me, and the 25 key version is on my list, as is the LPK25 wireless, but I ideally wanted something with semi-weighted keys, but cant find anything that remains truly portable - perhaps the Alesis vi25 or the Arturia keylab 25, but they seem a bit too big to be lugging around along with laptop and live.
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 pm
Dam. There goes my dreams and hopes. I guess they haven't touch on the bigger keyboards yet.

Glad you meantioned the springy keys. I can't mess with that. Semi weighted is what l need. That would of eliminated my midi cord. Thanks l will keep my eyes open

MPC-Tutor wrote:I'm not aware of any full size wireless keyboard controllers, they are all mini keys, but Korg do one with 49 or 61 (mini) keys

https://www.amazon.com/Korg-microKEY-ai ... B018ATKMFK

I've not tried the action, but I assume it's a bouncy 'synth' action (with springs rather than weights). I'm probably going to buy something today just to have on my desk and carry round with me, and the 25 key version is on my list, as is the LPK25 wireless, but I ideally wanted something with semi-weighted keys, but cant find anything that remains truly portable - perhaps the Alesis vi25 or the Arturia keylab 25, but they seem a bit too big to be lugging around along with laptop and live.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:26 pm
I've looked into the Korg a bit more, apparently the keys are pretty awesome for 'mini keys', the action is very good. But I'm not entirely sure what the target audience is for the 41+ key sizes as they seem too big to sling in a rucksack, so I would have thought by that point you might as well be looking at getting a keyboard with proper full size keys. The 25 version is also maybe a bit too big for a truly portable design (especially compared to the LPK25 or mini mpd 2).

Might get the 25 key korg regardless, it seems well made. The akai ones seem like the usual Akai garbage - look neat but apparently the keys suck, no control over velocity curve and USB ports break really easily. Then again it's nice to have something truly portable to carry around, even if build quality sucks.

BTW bluetooth will kill the keyboard batteries pretty quickly (AA batteries so could get pricey). Is it something you would actually use in preference to a single USB connection (not sure how long the Live battery will last if it's also powering a keyboard though).
By Danoc Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 pm
I was thinking about the battery thingy but I wouldn't mind. I'm not looking to carry my keyboard around, but I probably will just stay with my usb connection if the keyboards are small.

MPC-Tutor wrote:I've looked into the Korg a bit more, apparently the keys are pretty awesome for 'mini keys', the action is very good. But I'm not entirely sure what the target audience is for the 41+ key sizes as they seem too big to sling in a rucksack, so I would have thought by that point you might as well be looking at getting a keyboard with proper full size keys. The 25 version is also maybe a bit too big for a truly portable design (especially compared to the LPK25 or mini mpd 2).

Might get the 25 key korg regardless, it seems well made. The akai ones seem like the usual Akai garbage - look neat but apparently the keys suck, no control over velocity curve and USB ports break really easily. Then again it's nice to have something truly portable to carry around, even if build quality sucks.

BTW bluetooth will kill the keyboard batteries pretty quickly (AA batteries so could get pricey). Is it something you would actually use in preference to a single USB connection (not sure how long the Live battery will last if it's also powering a keyboard though).
By tapedeck Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 pm
somebody - korg or yamaha - makes midi adapters that you can plug into any keyboard and they output bluetooth.

found it - yamaha MD-BT01.
By Smackdee Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm
I'm actually surprised those BT boards work so well but they do!!!! Not a fan of mini keys either but I stopped by a friends lab who has an MP live, Roland jd-xi and Se-02 was literally blown away by the sound coming out of those little monsters...
By Cockdiesel Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 pm
Damn that adapter is very tempting for the asr.
Danoc I'd look into one of them if you want full size bluetooth. I imagine if you wait a few months there will be full size offerings from top brands. I really like the akai advance series when I had one, but no blue tooth on them. Not sure how the ui would work with reason but it could be set up to give it more of a "standalone" feel.