MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm
Peace everyone, I just wanted to say, if you have a Live or X or whatever you have, Sound Toys is giving away Free, little Plate, modeled after the EMT 140, the reverb goes beyond the hardware and I have already tested it and I have put that in my template as a regular plugin. The reverb is not like the hardware which goes only for 5 seconds the reverb can go to infinity! If you want to test it, it can goes on for hours on end. I already tested it for 30 minutes. LOL I had to see, once it kept going I was like "Turn this ish off" LOL :lol:

You can instantly put this in the software of the X and Live 2.0 and expand your effects. The free give away is over Nov. 22nd. So you have time. and you don't have to have ilok key, but you do have to have an ilok account. I put mines on my ilok key so I can go from my laptop to my desk top.

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-plate/

By SlowwFloww Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 pm
Isn't it better to use the on board reverb of the Live?

What happens to the sounds that use this plate reverb when you switch from controller mode to standalone?
Does the effect gets rendered to wav? And can you edit these plate reverb settings again when you switch to controller mode again?
By ringmaker Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 pm
SlowwFloww wrote:Isn't it better to use the on board reverb of the Live?

i don‘t know how good this emulation is, but the emt is one of the best reverbs in the history of music. the mpc onboard reverb is not something i would ever use tbh
By Danoc Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:04 am
You can use whatever reverb you want. If you're in standalone you can't use it. But you can print it on to a sound ans bri g that sound into the Live or X.

SlowwFloww wrote:Isn't it better to use the on board reverb of the Live?

What happens to the sounds that use this plate reverb when you switch from controller mode to standalone?
Does the effect gets rendered to wav? And can you edit these plate reverb settings again when you switch to controller mode again?
By Danoc Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 am
This emulation of the EMT 140 is great! We're talking about Sound Toys here, they don't do wack.

CPU friendly also.

ringmaker wrote:i don‘t know how good this emulation is, but the emt is one of the best reverbs in the history of music. the mpc onboard reverb is not something i would ever use tbh
By Danoc Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 pm
You're welcome bro.
Did you try it out yet? Let me know how you like. ST putting it to $99 after that date.

zangetsu01 wrote:Thanks Danoc :smoker: ..!!
By Danoc Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 pm
This thing is dope. Its warm and you can set it to have the sweetest tail. Im making my own presets and put two in my template.