MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I don’t care if you like akai or not. Just how many posts are you going to make? As I stated before, there are few with the complaints you have. Perhaps akai support would be a better option. I’m not tying to be a d-head, I’m trying to help. If the timing was that off you would a lot more complaints, which I’m not seeing. I’ve been comparing the live to my 4000,and I feel they are similar in sound and feel. Someone may differ.

Wouldn’t it be easier to look at the other threads with the people with the same issue? Within those threads the solution was found by contacting akai support.

I feel you as the live it great but for only a grand it’s a great box. I might feel burned some by paying twice that for same thing in a differnt box.

What do you call someone posting the same stuff over and over again, and when thoughts differ from them you claim they have untrained ears, or whatever. All your threads you have say the same thing. Which is cool I guess, but it doesn’t appear to be getting you anywhere.....

I just think you got the wrong MPC for your workflow. If you have a lot of hardware sound modules and keyboards and you wanted the MPC to be the centerpiece of it all to sequence and have the ability to record their audio to the MPC’s audio tracks. The X would probably be perfect.

I think the MPC Live would have been perfect for you. I have the Touch and it’s a workflow machine. I can make beats on it all day, l Iove making beats on it. I don’t ask it to be the centerpiece of my studio though.I tried to have it sequence outboard gear but the MPC 2.0 software freezed up on me.
By 64padzzx3 Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm
I think it’s got alot to do with your preference I see alot of people these days talking about getting away from the computer but at the sametime it seems like everybody wants to be on the maschine which even with their newest unit is still stuck to computer :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: .in my humblest of humble opinions I think you just gotta do what you are comfortable with I own an X and I love both worlds of it Standalone and DAW and I get the music done faster than ever but at the end of the day it’s up to you and what you want to use to get them hot beats out there.
By QuickStrike Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 am
QuickStrike wrote:I think the MPC Renaissance is still better for work flow. I got the mpcx now and its a bit slow to operate and it makes me sleepy for some strange reason.

I think they didn't plan the button lay out correctly. I mean yeah it has touch screen but it's to far away and not a comfortable distance.

The timing is not right. latency when inputting notes is a bit off. Idk something not causing this unit to feel like MPC timing. Why come in the browser window when loading sounds every time I exit out a folder it resets to the top of the root folder? That's is the most annoying thing.

To sum it up this unit not worth the money they ask. Maybe cause it's still beta but dam they destroying the mpc legacy.

One more thing lol.

I even notice that beat making videos from my other fav channels with this unit has not been posting alot of content , like in the past with other units. :hmmm: .

Its the Workflow huh?

Plz do chime in and let me know your opinios. Am I wrong or nah? Who disagres and why?

Well with Firmware 2.1 they fix most of all these problems. Including the latency timing issue. (Very important)

So it wasn't just my mpcx unit and it was a real issue.

Had me feeling like I was going crazy.

I'm back to making beats and it feels good.

Thank you akai for either listening or doing the right thing! :worthy:
By sinik Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 am
hello quickstrike

im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. reason: i just miss that hands-on control feeling that i had on my 2500 with the jjos. the layout on jjos was so nice you could navigate blindly.

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X will also give me that intuitive hardware layout where every knob sits in its perfect place and everything is reachable within no time.

im still aware of a few things:
– how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen?

– is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

– can you shift notes in grid edit with the locate buttons and navigate trough the grid edit with the cursor?

peace