MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 pm
(This is not a post to bash Akai, but more to discuss the matter cause it could of happen to anyone.)

As the title says I've had to return the beast. Not because I don't like it but because the Oleds above the Qlink section were leading their own live.

Sometimes while being on the mainscreen all of the oleds were turned off like the first picture below. I've had to leave the mainscreen to a different mode and come back for the to light up. Sometimes the oleds would only show half of the labels or parameters (second picture) or nothing at all (last picture).

A few months ago after the first hardware update I thought the problem was solved but it wasn't.

I've contacted Inmusic about the problem and they've said that it could not be resolved with updating and that it's a harware failure. So I've had to send it back.

I had to disconnect my Samsung Evo SSD before returing it just incase they would send me a new unit (At least thats what the guy said). Just to be sure I took a picture of the serial number just in case.

For me the MPC-X is most definitely the center piece of my studio so don't want it to be gone too long. And this is the only problem I've had with it so far.

All of this is happeing in CM (controller mode) I don't use SM.

What's the experience you guys had with returning faulty (X or Live) units? And how long did it take to get it replaced/back?

See pictures below:

A little bit dusty... Had no time time to clean it before taking this picture.. :lol:

By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 pm
Damn...
By Living Bate Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

are InMusic covering your courier fees?

shit like this sucks but at least it is happening in your warranty period....

my Renaissance bottomed out on month 13 or 14 or some shit.....after i paid the courier charges for both directions, the labour and the parts it cost me a fair few quid....

i could've almost just bought another...
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:(This is not a post to bash Akai, but more to discuss the matter cause it could of happen to anyone.)

As the title says I've had to return the beast. Not because I don't like it but because the Oleds above the Qlink section were leading their own live.

Sometimes while being on the mainscreen all of the oleds were turned off like the first picture below. I've had to leave the mainscreen to a different mode and come back for the to light up. Sometimes the oleds would only show half of the labels or parameters (second picture) or nothing at all (last picture).

A few months ago after the first hardware update I thought the problem was solved but it wasn't.

I've contacted Inmusic about the problem and they've said that it could not be resolved with updating and that it's a harware failure. So I've had to send it back.

I had to disconnect my Samsung Evo SSD before returing it just incase they would send me a new unit (At least thats what the guy said). Just to be sure I took a picture of the serial number just in case.

For me the MPC-X is most definitely the center piece of my studio so don't want it to be gone too long. And this is the only problem I've had with it so far.

All of this is happeing in CM (controller mode) I don't use SM.

What's the experience you guys had with returning faulty (X or Live) units? And how long did it take to get it replaced/back?

See pictures below:

A little bit dusty... Had no time time to clean it before taking this picture.. :lol:

The life of an early adopter.
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Danoc will reply to this post in T minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....
By Danoc Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm
2, 1. And lm here lol Juke you know me well. Zang is my boy so you know l gotta respond lmao

@Zang :-( man you don't deserve this bro. But... Some times you go through the crap to get the best cream.
They need to give you a new one and not return that back. You paid to much for it.
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm
Living Bate wrote:Image

are InMusic covering your courier fees?

shit like this sucks but at least it is happening in your warranty period....

my Renaissance bottomed out on month 13 or 14 or some shit.....after i paid the courier charges for both directions, the labour and the parts it cost me a fair few quid....

i could've almost just bought another...

The seller is covering the expansis. Because their store is 1,5 hours away from where I live they gave me the DPD information alltogether with the returncode from Akai to drop it off at one of their DPD parcelshops.
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 pm
Danoc wrote:2, 1. And lm here lol Juke you know me well. Zang is my boy so you know l gotta respond lmao

@Zang :-( man you don't deserve this bro. But... Some times you go through the **** to get the best cream.
They need to give you a new one and not return that back. You paid to much for it.

That's how it goes bro.. I hope they will.. Just don't want to wait to long to get back to bussines..
By Danoc Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 pm
I hear you bro. You did a Mojito commercial and everything for that machine LOL I ain't going to never forget that video. it was on point too. They better send you a new one, or we getting the bats and go to Akai and start breaking some legs lol :nod: :lol:

zangetsu01 wrote:
Danoc wrote:2, 1. And lm here lol Juke you know me well. Zang is my boy so you know l gotta respond lmao

@Zang :-( man you don't deserve this bro. But... Some times you go through the **** to get the best cream.

That's how it goes bro.. I hope they will.. Just don't want to wait to long to get back to bussines..
By zangetsu01 Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:46 am
RodmanSan wrote:Sad to hear Zangetsu....hope you have a new one soon enough... :/

Just checked my tracking number and it seems that my device has just been deliverd to Inmusic in Germany.
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm
So you should have yours in a day or two. Im glad for you.

zangetsu01 wrote:
Just checked my tracking number and it seems that my device has just been deliverd to Inmusic in Germany.
By JUKE 179r Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 pm
What's really fkd up is that they will turn around and sell your dodgy MPC X to some other MPC X fanboy for a profit. :P
By zangetsu01 Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm
A little update:

Called them today to hear about the status of my MPC X. They said that's It's been send back to the store where I bought it on the 23rd. I also got a tracking number. They should have it either today or tomorrow.

He said that the technician refitted a connection cable and did a firmware update.
My X already had the latest firmware so I'm curious.. Maybe he re-updated it with the same firmware.

Anyway, we'll see when it gets here. :popcorn: