MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 am
Dude the Final is 2.0.6 where you see 2.0.

Click on Mac or PC anf it will display 2.0.6. Down load that.

They need to update that page cause people are confused.

ChrisMPC wrote:How I see it Akai is just talking about the Win/Mac-Software, but not about an updated Firmware...
At least I´ve not found yet a link for downloading Firmware Version 2.0.6.
In my akai-account I can only download the PC-Software 2.0 (final).
By zangetsu01 Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:18 am
ChrisMPC wrote:How I see it Akai is just talking about the Win/Mac-Software, but not about an updated Firmware...

OP is right it is 2.0.6. but its not for the hardware. It's for controller mode.
When you launch the software and go to Help>About MPC it says 2.0.6.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

This is an update for the computer software only. This only affects MPC X/MPC Live users if/when they are using 'controller mode' as it now mirrors the latest features that 2.0.5 gave standalone mode (e.g. you now have a controller mode list editor, DRUM warping etc).
By siciliano611 Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm
I installed this over my previous installation and now when I try to open mpc.exe it gives me a "cant load protection component, OS error 0xc1" what is going on?
By Automageddon Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm
So now we can start pestering Akai on midi out via USB, crossfade loops and fixing clip mode, but more importantly proper automation editing in standalone!

Put your winging hats on gentlemen!
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm
So what is the proper installation of the 2.0.6? Do we do it without the live\X or with them connected?

siciliano611 wrote:I installed this over my previous installation and now when I try to open mpc.exe it gives me a "cant load protection component, OS error 0xc1" what is going on?
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm
Probably have to install the driver also for the Live.

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:So what is the proper installation of the 2.0.6? Do we do it without the live\X or with them connected?

Just run the installer. I believe only the MPC Touch sometimes needs to be connected as that needs a display driver configuring.
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:06 pm
Here's the convo between me and the Rep at Akai.
So I will try this when I get home.

By siciliano611 Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 pm
This ended up being my problem....I have automatic windows updates turned off for 3 years now with Windows 8.1....Once I finished installing 9 updates to the OS and then had to reinstall the 2015 C++ Redistributable Install, I was good to go

Danoc wrote:Here's the convo between me and the Rep at Akai.
So I will try this when I get home.

By karlscott Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 am
Midi out over usb or midi cables has now stop working for me, when i press play it stops straight away, was working fine in 2.0.4.16 beta.
By Danoc Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 pm
Report this.

Are you working with a midi keyboard connected to your MPC?

Revert back to 2.0.4 l say.

karlscott wrote:Midi out over usb or midi cables has now stop working for me, when i press play it stops straight away, was working fine in 2.0.4.16 beta.
By karlscott Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm
Thanks Danoc
I have reported it to Akai, it basically works if i have it going to my Roland TB-3 just sending midi clock out but plays out of time with rest of sequence, hence why i usually turn on midi clock sync on MPC which keeps it tight.

The minute i do that everytime i hit play the sequence just immediately stops, really peed off with this as i have a setup where TB-3 plays random sounds and is very good inspo tool to get me working.

This was all good in 2.0.4.16 and i wanna go back there but am gonna miss drum warping which i have waiting for for ages (i use my MPC X mainly in controller mode) hopefully akai come with a fix soon.
By Danoc Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:20 pm
Oh, Ok, I understand now. Yeah that is crazy, I'm Inside the Box, and a lot of what guys are going through I don't go through it because of my setup and work flow. I deal with Midi out into the Live and I have no problems, when I want to go back to my computer I just move my Midi to usb back over to my computer and everything works fine. That's why I asked.
I hope you get that resolved quickly.

karlscott wrote:Thanks Danoc
I have reported it to Akai, it basically works if i have it going to my Roland TB-3 just sending midi clock out but plays out of time with rest of sequence, hence why i usually turn on midi clock sync on MPC which keeps it tight.

The minute i do that everytime i hit play the sequence just immediately stops, really peed off with this as i have a setup where TB-3 plays random sounds and is very good inspo tool to get me working.

This was all good in 2.0.4.16 and i wanna go back there but am gonna miss drum warping which i have waiting for for ages (i use my MPC X mainly in controller mode) hopefully akai come with a fix soon.