MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bearhead Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Everytime I load up 2.0.6 with my Live, I get a message saying that my MPC doesn't have the latest firmware installed. I downloaded and installed the new firmware, restarted my computer and MPC, and it's still telling me that I'm not running the latest firmware. Is this a bug with 2.0.6?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I'm getting this as well when I connect my MPC Live in controller mode. I'm running firmware 2.05.21(v1.10). Only did it the first time I connected, hasn't done it since.

EDIT: I noticed there's a new setting stored in the MPC 'settings' file, 'dontCheckFirmwareTill' - if I delete that and reboot it nags me about the firmware again.
By Danoc Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm
I saw a folder that came with the other content. It has the drivers to install. Did you guys install those drivers for the machine you have? In my case they are exe. App files.

MPC-Tutor wrote:I'm getting this as well when I connect my MPC Live in controller mode. I'm running firmware 2.05.21(v1.10). Only did it the first time I connected, hasn't done it since.

EDIT: I noticed there's a new setting stored in the MPC 'settings' file, 'dontCheckFirmwareTill' - if I delete that and reboot it nags me about the firmware again.
By Danoc Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 am
Huh? Mines say 2.0.6. You may have grabbed 2.0.5 by mistake.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:31 am
Sup, Noc!! Where are you finding the 2.06 drivers? Are they part of the same download as the software? Or is it in some obscure part of the Akai site.. lol ( Wouldn't be the first time.. :-D
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm
If you launch MPC Software it prompts you to download 2.0.6 version..This one's a software update

Cheers!
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Sup, Noc!! Where are you finding the 2.06 drivers? Are they part of the same download as the software? Or is it in some obscure part of the Akai site.. lol ( Wouldn't be the first time.. :-D
By Buzzard Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:20 pm
That's what I thought, not firmware, however when I put my MPC in controller mode it says the firmware is out of date, which is why I am so confused.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm
@ Yorgos: Cheers, mate!! Yeah, did that, but then I rebooted & found that I had a similar problem to Tutor. And then I didn't when I started the software...(HUH??)
But all said, it seems fairly stable, so I'm a happy 'head..lol!! :-D :-D !!
By Danoc Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:22 am
How are bro? I seen a folder within the main folder. I seen the drivers. I have 2.0.6 l am going to install it tonight. Hope it goes smooth.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Sup, Noc!! Where are you finding the 2.06 drivers? Are they part of the same download as the software? Or is it in some obscure part of the Akai site.. lol ( Wouldn't be the first time.. :-D
By Danoc Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 am
You guys are scaring the crap out of me!

Buzzard wrote:That's what I thought, not firmware, however when I put my MPC in controller mode it says the firmware is out of date, which is why I am so confused.
By Cockdiesel Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:42 am
It was mentioned on another forum that there will be a another firmware update very soon to fix this issue. Personally I wish they would fix the effects issues as I am standalone only right now. I really hope this update isn’t messing you software guys too much.

If it’s working does anyone with a x know if it will recognize more than one set of inputs from the x hardware alone in the software now? They mention multitracking in the release notes, but no mention of how it recognizes the inputs on the unit itself.
By Jonespnice1 Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am
Cockdiesel wrote:If it’s working does anyone with a x know if it will recognize more than one set of inputs from the x hardware alone in the software now? They mention multitracking in the release notes, but no mention of how it recognizes the inputs on the unit itself.

Whichever interface you select in the preferences those will be the inputs that are available. If you have more than one audio interface connected to your computer then you can either use Asio4all (on windows) or create an Aggregate device (on Mac) which would allow you to use multiple interfaces which will give you access to more inputs.
By Cockdiesel Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:12 pm
Yea I looked into it some yesterday, and seen a video of a guy multitracking on the x. I thought I read an official statement from akai that it wasn’t possible. If it’s possible even in standalone mode, why not make this selling point more readily known?

A mpc you can multitrack into.... I mean come on....
By Danoc Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:04 pm
Akai is messing up in giving correct info.

So l loaded in my 2.0.6. Fine, l go into controller mode and it gives me a message. It tells me ny firmware is older than the new software version.

Firmware needs to be 2.0.6!

In controller mode it's different l was abke to make a track. I must say the sequencer is tighter than before. And yhis is with the software.

Cockdiesel wrote:Yea I looked into it some yesterday, and seen a video of a guy multitracking on the x. I thought I read an official statement from akai that it wasn’t possible. If it’s possible even in standalone mode, why not make this selling point more readily known?

A mpc you can multitrack into.... I mean come on....