MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Hideous mutant Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 pm
Icepulse wrote:I haven't updated yet, but has anyone noticed occasional unresponsiveness from q-link knobs, on the LIVE in standalone?

Like, I'll be fine-tuning I/O points on a sample (or when in effects parameters), and a twist will register no response, but then a second attempt will work. Almost like a computer "hang" type scenario. The music doesn't freeze or stutter... only the q-links.

Not a huge issue, but it does interrupt workflow. It seems the kind of thing an update might address.

I've had that since I bought the Live in August.
For example, edit start point of sample, push the q-link row 1-4 selector while holding the knob to edit end point with the same q-link it won't change the parameter until I let go of the knob and turn it again.
By marctronixx Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 pm
Why are you holding the rubber 1-4 button whilst changing a qlinks parameter? What does that enable you to do?

Ive had a live since may and an X since July so easily first production run units. Never have i had an issue with the qlinks on either machine.
By Danoc Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:22 pm
Ok gothca. Thanks 2.0.7 should clear up the little issue l had but it wasn't a biggie.

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:Is this for the Live or for the computer software update? I just down loaded it.

For the Live/X. If it's listed as 'firmware', it's for the standalone.
By kaydigi Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 pm
Fanu wrote:Guys, do you think Akai will be dropping any "biggies" from now on?
We're getting this small stuff, but there's a lot that should be improved.
I'm interested to see what they'll be presenting at NAMM.

The audio tracks being streamed from the hard drive, only because it’s been hinted at be multiple beta testers. I can’t even predict anything else Akai didn’t even put their expansions for sale during Black Friday like they usually do.
By robleighton22 Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:09 am
If a future update featured the following 3 major updates:

- audio streaming
- automation editing
- more shortcuts (e.g. shift+copy = delete selection in grid mode) or midi cc's implementation

I'll be pretty happy with this thing for the longer term. New 2.07 does seem a little faster in grid editing. Currently editing a 200 bar sequence, and swear I had really bad slow down previously. Could be my imagination.

I'll thi
By starmanwarz Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 am
Fanu wrote:Guys, do you think Akai will be dropping any "biggies" from now on?
We're getting this small stuff, but there's a lot that should be improved.
I'm interested to see what they'll be presenting at NAMM.

Elektron just released their MK2 lineup for their boxes and the MK1 versions got some biggies (trig conditions for the OT, new synth engine for the RYTM etc) for FREE.

Can you imagine Akai supporting and adding new features to the Live and X 4-5 years from now? I can't. Biggies from Akai? Probably not. I hope that's not the case, though. There's so much potential in these machines.