MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:56 am
They continued to add decent features for the ren for 2-3 years so I do expect to see some decent updates at some point, but happy to see small bug fix releases in the meantime.

I'm more interested in them properly finishing off the existing features before they add anything new.
By StanCollins Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 pm
starmanwarz wrote:
Fanu wrote:Guys, do you think Akai will be dropping any "biggies" from now on?
We're getting this small stuff, but there's a lot that should be improved.
I'm interested to see what they'll be presenting at NAMM.

Elektron just released their MK2 lineup for their boxes and the MK1 versions got some biggies (trig conditions for the OT, new synth engine for the RYTM etc) for FREE.

Can you imagine Akai supporting and adding new features to the Live and X 4-5 years from now? I can't. Biggies from Akai? Probably not. I hope that's not the case, though. There's so much potential in these machines.

I’ve had a RYTM since day one and believe me there has been a massive gap between updates.
And it was a good 12 months or more before it was anywhere near being feature complete.
I might add that the one new synth engine has been the only new feature added in a long while and the same for the Octatrack.
Plenty of unhappy users there.
Also look at the Digitakt and although a great machine there was loads missing for a while and still users are waiting for Overbridge.
Whilst I’m not defending Akai in anyway they have been pretty good on the updates so far.
All companies seem to adopt this way of working now as the markets in a constant battle for new customers.
By Cockdiesel Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:42 pm
starmanwarz wrote:
Fanu wrote:Guys, do you think Akai will be dropping any "biggies" from now on?
We're getting this small stuff, but there's a lot that should be improved.
I'm interested to see what they'll be presenting at NAMM.

Elektron just released their MK2 lineup for their boxes and the MK1 versions got some biggies (trig conditions for the OT, new synth engine for the RYTM etc) for FREE.

Can you imagine Akai supporting and adding new features to the Live and X 4-5 years from now? I can't. Biggies from Akai? Probably not. I hope that's not the case, though. There's so much potential in these machines.

Theres a huge difference between the business practices going on between the two. BOTH have had or continue to have some serious issues in my book. Akai seems to be trying as of late but have thier bad history people won’t forget, elektron not so much on thier newly developed products both released with the last year or so. The analog heat has needed an update for Pretty much a year and the digitakt hasn’t had an update in months.

I guess they will write a basic synth into the code or something and people will all forget....

The difference, if akai doesn’t step up they will be done besides being a name putting out generic stuff like Alesis is now days. Elektron has good marketing and rabid fanboys so it will take awhile before they reach the akai point. IMO elektron really hasn’t released anything new in a long time, just tested out new designs and components and released them to the public as cheaper products. I got caught in thier hype, but never again. Still have and enjoy my analog heat, but it still doesn’t work as promised over a year ago.....
By Ill-Green Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:11 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:

Theres a huge difference between the business practices going on between the two. BOTH have had or continue to have some serious issues in my book. Akai seems to be trying as of late but have thier bad history people won’t forget, elektron not so much on thier newly developed products both released with the last year or so. The analog heat has needed an update for Pretty much a year and the digitakt hasn’t had an update in months.

I guess they will write a basic synth into the code or something and people will all forget....

The difference, if akai doesn’t step up they will be done besides being a name putting out generic stuff like Alesis is now days. Elektron has good marketing and rabid fanboys so it will take awhile before they reach the akai point. IMO elektron really hasn’t released anything new in a long time, just tested out new designs and components and released them to the public as cheaper products. I got caught in thier hype, but never again. Still have and enjoy my analog heat, but it still doesn’t work as promised over a year ago.....

Agreed, I got into the Digitakt because it was like a mini SP1200 and wanted to try out Elektron. Boy I feel suckered. Its a dope machine and yes you can make beats like an SP on it but bugs are heavily noticable, I'm surprised they haven't made it fully stable by now.
By Danoc Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm
Thank you for the correct knowledge on MK2 and Octotrack.
Im impressed on what Akai is doing on updates. Im with Tutor on the updates. Everything is working great on my live.

StanCollins wrote:

I’ve had a RYTM since day one and believe me there has been a massive gap between updates.
And it was a good 12 months or more before it was anywhere near being feature complete.
I might add that the one new synth engine has been the only new feature added in a long while and the same for the Octatrack.
Plenty of unhappy users there.
Also look at the Digitakt and although a great machine there was loads missing for a while and still users are waiting for Overbridge.
Whilst I’m not defending Akai in anyway they have been pretty good on the updates so far.
All companies seem to adopt this way of working now as the markets in a constant battle for new customers.[/quote]
By Danoc Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 pm
Wow. I could never get into those machines. Use the Live master it and rock.

Cockdiesel wrote:IMO elektron really hasn’t released anything new in a long time, just tested out new designs and components and released them to the public as cheaper products. I got caught in thier hype, but never again. Still have and enjoy my analog heat, but it still doesn’t work as promised over a year ago.....
By Danoc Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:57 am
Hmmm what do you mean mackie control?

Certified Beatz wrote:To be greedy everything u guys mentioned.. if not i definilty want mackie control for my mixer consoles..
By Fanu Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:37 pm
I'd guess the products are now where Akai are either going to leave them and be happy about them and move on to the next thing…or take it a few steps further and make them really damn good and implement some much-needed features and try and claim the throne.
I'd love to get the devs drunk and squeeze the truth out of them. You can only play the guessing game.
By Danoc Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 am
Ok gothca

Certified Beatz wrote:@Danoc mackie control protocol is use with midi controllers or mixing consoles with mapping assigned.